PDA

View Full Version : Value Betting

ettorek
02-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Villain is a 40/5/1.7 on a small sample (70 hands).

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25./$0.50.
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $71.45
Hero: $60.35
Button: $115.30
SB: $31.95
BB: $52.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, BB calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($21.25, 2 players)

What Hero now?

Xanta
02-25-2007, 03:41 AM
First of all, I probably cbet the flop as any queen and a ton of pocket pairs are calling with terrible equity.

Second of all if you want to raise for value on the turn then make a bigger raise. What hands is he calling your minraise with which he isn't calling an extra $5 or even more with?

You forgot to include villains action on the river so we don't know what to do. If he checks, I probably bet out about 1/2 pot, something that a pair of queens can call. I call if he bets.

payoff wizard
02-25-2007, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably cbet the flop as any queen and a ton of pocket pairs are calling with terrible equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. No point in worrying about villain folding if he has nothing. You need to hope that he has either a Q or a PP and build a pot. If villain does have a hand, betting out from the start will be more deceptive than if you suddenly start raising him on a later street. Keep in mind that many small stakes players assume that everyone slowplays trips.