PDA

View Full Version : Additional Resources for Improving?

cubase
02-25-2007, 01:38 AM
Beyond books, 2+2, Cardrunners... what other resources do you guys use to help you improve?

Gelford
02-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Pokertracker and PokerStove

cubase
02-25-2007, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokertracker and PokerStove

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe. Have both... I guess it's hard to articulate what I'm looking for... Cardrunners, for example, is awesome... I love being able to listen to the thoughts of another in real-time... It helps to tune my thinking and I try to think about hands like they do.

I know I'm trying to figure out how to best improve card-reading (most books say you need to get better at this, but don't bother telling you how other than to watch hands and guess). I've tried various things beyond game-observance such as replaying hands in PT and actually spending a LOT of time trying to guess the hand ranges at the end. I find myself dead wrong quite often.

Learning how to fold is also on the top of my list (related to card reading, though... if I could come up with the hand ranges at the end, I could guestimate if I'm on top).

Currently I'm running 19.85/14.51/3.36 after 10k hands with 5.49 BB/100 hands in 10NL. I know I can do better though. I feel like I have trouble reading certain situations where I end up double/triple barreling when I shouldn't, missing value bets, getting involved in situations I shouldn't be in. Also several tilt-like situations where I shouldn't have been messing around...

So I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for, but like the saying goes, "I'll know it when I see it."

Keep the suggestions coming! I didn't find out about cardrunners until coming across a post (and interestingly enough in that post, the guy wished he had found out about cardrunners the day he took up poker).

Thanks, sorry for the ramblings.

spacetime
02-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Besides poker books, cardrunners and the analyzing tools, I really feel the only "resource" past those is constant study. Look at your hands, hands on the board, evaluate everything.

Gelford
02-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Try reading the wells of El Diablo and Aba20 in SSNL, I can't remember is aba talks about handreading, but El D does.

But basically the only way to get better at handreading is practice, so get a 100K hands under your belt /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kaz2107
02-25-2007, 04:41 AM
play more hands. experience is how u get better. grind hard and tha hand reading becomes much easier