PDA

View Full Version : 3-bet JJ PF, facing raise AI

youthies
02-24-2007, 05:19 PM
No stats on villain. I'm getting great odds, but should I call?
And was the 3-bet good in the first place, or do you like calling for set value?

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05./$0.10.
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21.45
CO: $5.78
Button: $6.72
Hero: $9.90
BB: $9.05

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with :jc :jh
UTG calls, [color=#]CO raises to $0.45</font>, Button calls, [color=#]Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, [color=#]CO raises all-in $5.78</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

losingdonkey
02-24-2007, 05:24 PM
without reads its on you, I generally call since you often see unpaired high cards or even lower pairs

Sean Fraley
02-24-2007, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
without reads its on you, I generally call since you often see unpaired high cards or even lower pairs

[/ QUOTE ]

No, without reads you fold here.

Without reads, you should assume a certain level of competence from your opponents, and therefore prevent yourself from shoving money in at a disadvantage just because you think villain could be a donk. You may give up value here and there, but in general playing more conservatively against unknowns is beneficial.

With reads, you should take the course of action that your read suggests. Have you seen villain push 4-bet all-in with AK, AQ, or a pair worse than jacks? If so, call and hope for the best. If you have only seen him move in with JJ+, fold without hesitation. In the event that you get information that conflicts with previous reads on villain, re-evaluate your assessment of him.

clownslayer2
02-24-2007, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, without reads you fold here.

Without reads, you should assume a certain level of competence from your opponents, and therefore prevent yourself from shoving money in at a disadvantage just because you think villain could be a donk. You may give up value here and there, but in general playing more conservatively against unknowns is beneficial.

With reads, you should take the course of action that your read suggests. Have you seen villain push 4-bet all-in with AK, AQ, or a pair worse than jacks? If so, call and hope for the best. If you have only seen him move in with JJ+, fold without hesitation. In the event that you get information that conflicts with previous reads on villain, re-evaluate your assessment of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH