PDA

View Full Version : NL50 KK Line

Thremp
02-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $52.50
Hero: $49.25
CO: $33
Button: $9.60
SB: $26.75
BB: $61.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($7.5, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($13.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $10</font>

Kramer
02-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Hero folds TURN.
Any stats on CO ?

matrix
02-24-2007, 05:07 PM
fold turn .

what other hands do you raise 2.25 preflop??

Thremp
02-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Someone posted. So I raise everything to 2.25 here.

No stats. He was an unknown.

Sean Fraley
02-24-2007, 06:31 PM
As played, fold it.

You really should have been the aggressor on that flop. When you put in a raise like that preflop and then check-call on an ace high flop, you may as well type "I can't beat a paired ace" in the chat box. If you check-call, at least make it a stop-n-go by leading the turn for 1/2-2/3.

PuppyFridayYall
02-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Someone here obviously has an ace. I think you are beat. FOLD.

Zagga
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
c-bet flop and fold to any other action IMO

dawade
02-24-2007, 07:35 PM
PF: Standard. Maybe raise to 2.50, but meh.

Flop: Please bet. I realize there are two opponents but this is actually a fairly easy flop to c-bet on (you are representing AQ/AK obviously).

Turn: As played, I fold.

creamfillin
02-24-2007, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone here obviously has an ace. I think you are beat. FOLD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i don't even bother cbetting that flop. Maybe call a smallish bet if they are deep enough, other than that we are done with this hand.

Thremp
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I cbet a huge amount, but on very very dry flops like this I don't. My objective is to see a showdown cheaply, not to try to get "value" because there really isn't one. I could fold out a couple ragged aces, but those are also likely to check it down with me.

I folded the turn, but was just wondering if this is a real standard play... That being the flop check/call instead of a cbet.

boycalledroy
02-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Cbet, your position and your implied range from position means you have to have a strong holding. Make the bet and make them decide if its AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ don't you make the mistake, make them do it. You need to fold out AQ and AJ here and the cbet or check-raise would do that. Unless you have been playing SUPA-LOOSE!

Thremp
02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Do you seriously think AJ or AQ are ever folding here?

WTF terrible advice is that? The best hand I might fold out is AT.

allstarrt
02-24-2007, 11:33 PM
This situation is not worth getting into. Might as well for the turn and wait for a better situation. Ace high flops happen with KK you just gotta know when to fold it. I would bet the flop and then c/f the turn if bet into

barryc83
02-25-2007, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL AT doesnt fold either.

CharlieDontSurf
02-25-2007, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if yr going to call the bet from villian, why not just be the one making it.

options

u cbet, he folds.

u cbet, he calls..u check unimproved turn..he bets strong--u fold, he checks u see river, he bets weak u can call w/ read.

Zagga
02-25-2007, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if yr going to call the bet from villian, why not just be the one making it.

options

u cbet, he folds.

u cbet, he calls..u check unimproved turn..he bets strong--u fold, he checks u see river, he bets weak u can call w/ read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed if you are going to call him anyways you might as well make the bet yourself. No AJ/AQ wont fold but you might not be up against any of those hands and you might actually still have the best hand, but check-calling wont help you get that information.

I won plenty of pots by c-betting on an A high board. TBH, I think it works even better on an A high board since people will easilly believe you have that ace.

Max Cohen
02-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I think this hand was played very well. C-betting isn't going to fold any better hands.

[ QUOTE ]
No AJ/AQ wont fold but you might not be up against any of those hands and you might actually still have the best hand, but check-calling wont help you get that information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither will betting and getting called. All you are going to know is when you had the best hand because they both folded.

avfletch
02-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I disagree with a lot of what is being said here.

If villain is calling preflop with AQ/AJ then he's not folding it on this board to a standard cbet.

For everyone who believes that if you'd call a bet then you should be the one making it I think you have some holes in your game. Your choice of action should be based on the range of hands we can put villain on and the way we believe he would play them. As an extreme example. Let's presume villain calls with any 2 preflop, will fold without an A on the flop but will always bet when checked to. How do you defeat this contrived villain here?

cortanpeter
02-25-2007, 02:14 PM
i fold