PDA

View Full Version : DonkeyTest.com

TheDespot
02-24-2007, 04:02 PM
DonkeyTest.com...Anyone taken this yet? Was wondering what you guys think about it.

-Some excerpts from my results-
Poker IQ Score
Your General Poker IQ Score is 121 and shows how skilled you are in general. Anyone with a score this high is considered to be an low to mid stakes pro. You should expect to win in low to mid stakes NL hold'em games.

You scored higher than your average percentile score in 4 individual ability categories. 4 of these better scores could be called statistically significant and may indicate special abilities, or that you were distracted on those parts of the IQ Test that counted more heavily in the other ability categories.

Solving many of the IQ Test's problems required the ability to analyze your position at the table, considering blind levels and stack sizes, the tendencies of your opponents and the strength of your hand.. Many poker situations require analysis of position. The ability to play in and out of position strongly is required for skilled NL hold'em players.

Your Positional Play score of 79% is exceptionally higher than your average score.This score is better than 98.83% of all persons taking this test.

The ability to play big pairs correctly is important for any successful NL hold'em player. Although over time big pairs will be the most profitable hands, playing them incorrectly can lead to disasterous results. Beginners get themselves into trouble by slow playing and/or overplaying big pairs, and often try to be excessively tricky with them. Although poor players sometimes play their big pairs correctly, it is rare. In general better players will win more and lose less with JJ+ as they gain skill and experience.

Your Big Pairs score of 63% is not significantly different from your average score.This score is better than 87.15% of all persons taking this test.

The ability to play small and medium pairs is typically difficult for beginners. Typically beginners will call too much pre-flop with these hands and overplay overpairs on the flop. Folding a set is rarely correct but sometimes necessary.

Your Small and Medium Pairs score of 91% is exceptionally higher than your average score.This score is better than 99.91% of all persons taking this test.

etc...

DWarrior
02-24-2007, 04:13 PM
there's a thread on it somewhere here, the regs don't seem to like it because it's a lot of pointlessly sticky situations and tourney plays.

I got a 127, I thought some of the problems were interesting. It was weird making assumptions about players at 10/20 when the highest I've played is 1/2. I think that threw off my reads (well, I suck at reads to begin with).