PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: AK top pair facing flop agression.

Miko
02-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Villain is unknown:

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19.35
Hero: $25.90
CO: $27.77
Button: $19.85
SB: $24.15
BB: $25.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($7.35, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ???</font>

Miko
02-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Bump,

Nobody?

Sweir
02-25-2007, 07:35 AM
2pair is pretty much impossible so you are only losing to a set. KK 4bets PF so villians range is air/TP/TT type hand/set. Push.

allaboutmyfetti
02-25-2007, 07:39 AM
... calls the min-raise ... is this really that hard of a decision?

allaboutmyfetti
02-25-2007, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2pair is pretty much impossible so you are only losing to a set. KK 4bets PF so villians range is air/TP/TT type hand/set. Push.

[/ QUOTE ]
i rly don't think KQ /KJ is calling a push here.

Miko
02-25-2007, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

We're playing for stacks here, what's the point in calling then?

I think it's a push/fold spot here.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's moronish enough to call a 3bet OOP with KQ and KJ I think it's highly unlikely he will fold top pair.

allaboutmyfetti
02-25-2007, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's moronish enough to call a 3bet OOP with KQ and KJ I think it's highly unlikely he will fold top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

the board is kinda raggedy, he could be doing this with air or middle pair or a TT-QQ. Given that you just call, with this range he might decide to stab again on the turn while he def' would not call a push. I think a push here is only being called by better hands 90% of the time (i just made that # up). Also, we don't really have to worry about protecting against draws.

Sweir
02-25-2007, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 25NL with a large % of his stack already in the pot, I think he could easily call with KQ/KJ.

allaboutmyfetti
02-25-2007, 07:48 AM
also, even if we're "playing for stacks", i'd much rather it be the opponent putting in the bets and us calling with this hand.

Miko
02-25-2007, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the board is kinda raggedy, he could be doing this with air or middle pair or a TT-QQ. Given that you just call, with this range he might decide to stab again on the turn while he def' would not call a push. I think a push here is only being called by better hands 90% of the time (i just made that # up). Also, we don't really have to worry about protecting against draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a very good point there.

But what moron is going to stab twice on the turn given the action?

I guess calling is right here. I pushed and he showed me QK but I wasn't happy at all with the hand.

But you agree we won't fold this further in the hand? Ever? So top pair top kicker this deep on such a board against the tipical 25NL Murdock is playing for stacks?

allaboutmyfetti
02-25-2007, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 25NL with a large % of his stack already in the pot, I think he could easily call with KQ/KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i agree that there's a decent chance he's calling a push with KQ, KJ, but with all other non-TP hands we get way more value by letting him hang himself on later streets. Also, with KQ, KJ he's going to fire again anyways (if he's dumb enough to felt the flop), so we'll get value from those hands regardless.

allaboutmyfetti
02-25-2007, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But you agree we won't fold this further in the hand? Ever? So top pair top kicker this deep on such a board against the tipical 25NL Murdock is playing for stacks?

[/ QUOTE ]
yea I have no problem felting with this hand

ADK
02-25-2007, 09:26 AM
I push here, more often than not its AK,KQ or KJ.