PDA

View Full Version : trips, kicker problems and flush on riveR...fold?

halperin
02-24-2007, 01:08 PM
i tohught he coudl be calling down with aj+ or even flush that hits on river.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $94.50
Hero (CO): $62.60
BTN: $35.25
SB: $51.6
BB: $50.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BTN calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif [A/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, BTN calls $7

<font color="black">River:</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif [J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($24.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $10</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $10 returned to BTN

Marshall28
02-24-2007, 01:18 PM
hmmm ... i think you have to realize that the 2nd ace on the turn didnt really change anything in terms of the strength of your hand (unless villain was holding 39, which is pretty unlikely) ... unless u r very sure villain has a flush draw, i think a check on this turn for pot control would be better (especially since if he has a set, he just made a full house, so u have to be worried he is gonna stack u)... think if the turn had come like 2c, it does almost the exactly same thing for the strength of your hand, if you were going to bet that card on the turn, then i dont think its a mistake to bet the ace.

river is kinda tricky spot, i think its extremely marginal here in terms of either calling or folding. you are obviously beat by a full house, a stronger ace, and a full house. u can really only beat a weaker ace, however, his bet is fairly small, so i dunno, folding might be best here.

RAHZero
02-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I like the river check, you're not likely to get much value out of anything you beat, unless villain is a station with ace-rag. However, when you check that river, you HAVE to call that tiny bet. You could have induced a bluff, villain could think his ace-rag is good, he could have plenty of hands you beat, so call getting 3.5:1.

jonyy6788
02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the river check, you're not likely to get much value out of anything you beat, unless villain is a station with ace-rag. However, when you check that river, you HAVE to call that tiny bet. You could have induced a bluff, villain could think his ace-rag is good, he could have plenty of hands you beat, so call getting 3.5:1.

[/ QUOTE ]