PDA

View Full Version : Flush appears on turn, You make top two but raised all-in..

Haplo
02-24-2007, 01:05 PM
no real info on villain

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
7 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.25, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($11.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises all-in $11.45</font>, Hero ?????

What is my action? I check raised the flop because the preflop raise was weak, and the bet on the flop was weak as well, and I had top pair and I wanted to know where I stood.

The 50c bet on the flop could've been with a flush draw, a stronger hand that was slowplayed, or it could've been with air.

Comments here? (Do you call the all-in--we're getting close to 4 to 1, not enough to fill up, but we might already be the best (or we might not).
Thanks

matrix
02-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I fold preflop - but then I'm tight like that.

what value are you expecting to get with a hand that is often dominated - that when it flops good will make a draw most often (and usually not a draw to the nuts) - when you're OOP to TWO villains... ?

as played flop is fine.

if you're going to bet the turn just put the shortstack all-in you have just over a PSB left to play with.

I fold the turn and kick myself for betting out - I think the turn is a c/f.

You *might* be up against a weirdly played AK or AA but this is a flush/set almost always. We have at best 4 outs and nowhere close to enough odds to call.

barryc83
02-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Check turn, if he pushes then its a fold. You'll be amazed how many times you get to see a free river or theyll bet like $1 on the turn giving you odds to fill up.

rewket
02-24-2007, 02:53 PM
imo thats AA/AK if he'd a standard donk.

Haplo
02-25-2007, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop - but then I'm tight like that.

what value are you expecting to get with a hand that is often dominated - that when it flops good will make a draw most often (and usually not a draw to the nuts) - when you're OOP to TWO villains... ?

as played flop is fine.

if you're going to bet the turn just put the shortstack all-in you have just over a PSB left to play with.

I fold the turn and kick myself for betting out - I think the turn is a c/f.

You *might* be up against a weirdly played AK or AA but this is a flush/set almost always. We have at best 4 outs and nowhere close to enough odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right about not calling preflop--I decided to call because I was getting 4.5 to 1, and although it doesn't show it, the guy had 100bb. Maybe folding is best--I'm not sure.

Why not bet the turn--i.e don't show weakness? My strong action on the flop followed by a check leaves me very open to being bluffed out on the turn. By not betting, I have no information on my opponent. Why not bet and probably fold to aggression? (at least then I can feel more confident that I'm not being bluffed by showing weakness)

I guess to me checking and folding to a psb by a short stack seems weak--like I'm being taking advantage of.

MickChecker
02-25-2007, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why not bet the turn--i.e don't show weakness? My strong action on the flop followed by a check leaves me very open to being bluffed out on the turn. By not betting, I have no information on my opponent. Why not bet and probably fold to aggression? (at least then I can feel more confident that I'm not being bluffed by showing weakness)

[/ QUOTE ]

Because with your flop c/r you already have the information that his hand is somewhat strong. You have a marginal hand here and you are OOP, you certainly don't want to play a big pot here, because you simply can't be very confident with your hand.