PDA

View Full Version : $25 6-max NL - AQ on AK7 flop

Poker monkey
02-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Abuse please for how I played this, if indeed it was that bad? Villain is a bit laggish: 30/17/7, so I definitely ahead of his CO-raising range pre-flop.

I'm fairly sure I'm ahead on the flop - he might have AK, but I think he probably re-raises that pre-flop and it's just basically a small part of his range... A7 probably bins it pre-flop. How would you play it?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($84.35)
Hero ($55.35)
SB ($9.75)
BB ($9)
UTG ($47.12)
MP ($26.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.85) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $13</font>, Hero calls $8.50.

Turn: ($31.85) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $15</font>, Hero calls $55.35 (All-In), CO calls $24.60.

River: ($126.80) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $126.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has 7h 7s (flush, ace high).
Hero has Ad Qh (one pair, aces).
Outcome: CO wins $126.80. </font>

dirtysanchez
02-24-2007, 12:08 PM
you realize your turn push is a bluff right? fold the turn, hes not betting AJ/AT here and any draws he may have had just got there.

W8ting4Aces
02-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I wouldn'tve even called the raise on the flop, he's not flat calling preflop and raising the turn unless he hit something that has you dominated.

Poker monkey
02-24-2007, 12:48 PM
What range do you put him on?

rakes.a.beach
02-24-2007, 01:03 PM
If you're felting this after the spade hits the board on the turn, you might as well pushed on the flop. He can have 7s8s. I would probably fold flop if he doesn't check raise regularly. Most 25ers DO NOT! If he does, then I'd call flop and probably fold on turn.

Marshall28
02-24-2007, 01:10 PM
ummm in general, i think you shoudl probably check the flop when u hit an ace after 3betting w/ AQ. the thing is, hes not going to pay u off w/ any hands u beat. the ace is scary, and u r representing it, i think its pretty obvious that you have it here.

w/ the king on board, i probably check behind on the turn too and try to get value on the river ... its like, is QQ JJ TT or whatever gonna call your flop bet, or even your turn bet? its very unlikely ... ak obviously has u crushed ... your bet will fold out smaller pairs, but thats the type of bet you want to make when you dont hold an ace in this situation. when u do hold it, u want to make them think u dont so u can get a call from them on the turn or river w/ a hand like JJ or QQ or whatever when they think u r trying to steal the pot.

Poker monkey
02-24-2007, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ummm in general, i think you shoudl probably check the flop when u hit an ace after 3betting w/ AQ. the thing is, hes not going to pay u off w/ any hands u beat. the ace is scary, and u r representing it, i think its pretty obvious that you have it here.

[/ QUOTE ]Thing is, I'd make this bet whether I had the Ace or not. Say I re-raised with 99, it's very difficult for TT-QQ to call here. I generally play hands like this fast since I'll get most value and people don't get a read that I'm making big bets only when I'm bluffing... also no need to give people the odds to draw out. I don't think my hand is strong enough to slow-play here.

showmethegreen
02-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Going by what you described about Villan, I would bet more PF, 3.5 or 4, bet flop as you did and fold to the turn lead espically at these stakes, all you have is TP on a not so good board.