PDA

View Full Version : 25NL trips dominated?

Hui
02-24-2007, 07:08 AM
This is the 1st hand I played at the table as the big blind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacific Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.12/$0.25
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.35
UTG+1: $4.36
MP1: $3
MP2: $25
MP3: $25
CO: $10.58
Button: $4
SB: $18.78
Hero: $25

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
3 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 (poster) checks, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.5</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds.

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $8</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $20.5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a feeling I might be dominated by the river re-raise but I had to call.
Am I leaking bad here?

Genz
02-24-2007, 07:13 AM
No. Bet more on the flop and on the turn. MP3 has a random hand because he posted a blind. When he has the case 4 with a better kicker here, it's variance. Same goes for a suckout with KK or JJ.

Hoffma
02-24-2007, 07:24 AM
There is a ton of dead money out there preflop. I am going for the steal, raise to $2. You just sat down, and both of these guys sat down, and nobody in late position VP$P'd. You are in position against SB if you can get the dead money twins to fold. If you would've gotten called by anyone, a colossal flop like this would've done wonders for your image.

As played, yeah, you have to call the stupid river minraise. Really though, you need to be playing this more aggressively. Bet the full pot on the flop and at least 75% of the pot on any turn card, especially when you see a face card there. TPGK may look you up.

For more info on my preflop thought process here, see NLHE:TAP's section on semibluffing preflop from the blinds. This section blew my mind the first time I read it.