PDA

View Full Version : NL50 SH: 2 pairs against aggresive bet

lucas211
02-24-2007, 06:33 AM
I have been playing the table for about 2 hours.. villian
seems prety tight, I have been taking a lot of his blinds latly:

Game #3225473533: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/02/22 - 20:39:25 (BST)
Table "Rosemary" Seat 5 is the button.
Seat 1: Guthrie ($49.25 in chips)
Seat 2: Rinuli ($20 in chips)
Seat 3: PROTEK ($60.45 in chips)
Seat 4: fdcgsf ($19.25 in chips)
Seat 5: HERO ($90.70 in chips)
Seat 6: VILLIAN ($51.10 in chips)
KommXep: posts small blind $0.25
Guthrie: posts big blind $0.50
Rinuli: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to HERO [Kd Jd]
Rinuli: checks
PROTEK: folds
fdcgsf: folds
HERO: raises to $2
VILLIAN: calls $1.75
Guthrie: folds
Rinuli: folds
----- FLOP ----- [Ks 3h Js]
KommXep: checks
HERO: bets $0.50
VILLIAN: raises to $3.30
HERO: raises to $6.1
VILLIAN: raises to $16

HERO???

Genz
02-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Don't minbet/minreraise. Make meaningfull bets. You are giving flush draws great odds and lose a lot of value against passive players who will call bigger bets.
So bet 3-4 on the flop. His reraise is troublesome. But you are only behind KK here (1 combo) and JJ, 33 (6 combos). But you are ahead of top pairs and combo draws. So I probably push here. But that depends A LOT on your table image. If you make these minbet/minraise-moves often, you probably look like a donkey to other tight, a.k.a. slightly knowleadgable players, because this kind of play is typical donkey play very often (although there are good spots for minraises etc., of course). He probably picked up a good hand here and wants to get back at you. Set of 3s is more likely than set of JJs, because of the lack of a reraise preflop. But AK etc. are just als likely.

So as played, I push, because villain could easily be taking a stand with some made hand. But if he played like that after you made good bets, I'd probably fold.

lucas211
02-25-2007, 07:10 AM
thx for your answer. Yer, I know my bet was too small postflop.. A the moment he reraised me to 16.. I had him on aa or ak, maeby even aj..

Well I just called..
turn came for nothing, and he vent all in.. I called and he shoved jj..
Looking back, I should eigher have folded on the turn or have gone all in on the flop..
The river came nothing, and he won the session..