PDA

View Full Version : NL50, KK flops 2 aces...is this river bet a bluff?

turbojunge
02-24-2007, 04:34 AM
Villian is 43/5/0.4

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25./$0.50.
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $105.55
Button: $58.45
SB: $55.70
Hero: $58.70

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6.5</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($13.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $13.25</font>, Hero ??

Results:
Final pot: $39.75

Supwithbates
02-24-2007, 04:42 AM
meh, a villain with those stats very well could've checked aces twice, I'd give him credit and fold. If his bet were smaller, I'd look him up for anything below 10 here probably.

That being said, I think you should be value betting this river for about half the pot, you'll get looked up by QQ/JJ/TT and can easily toss it to a raise, especially from this villain

turbojunge
02-24-2007, 04:45 AM
yea i like the bet half pot on river idea...that should make it more easy...

Genz
02-24-2007, 05:28 AM
"Villian is 43/5/0.4"

It's probably not a bluff. Every player bluffs from time to time, tho. And he checked his trips in position twice. That is extremely passive. OTOH there are numerous players who slowplay themselves to death. Block the river. He is too passive to raise for value, probably. But he might call with JJ, QQ.

eigenvalue
02-24-2007, 06:08 AM
You should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER find yourself in that kind of spot!

(1) After you reraised, you have to bet the flop. I would bet only a little more than 1/2 pot. This is sufficient to put pressure on other pocket pairs. If I face a reraise, I fold. If I get called, I think I will check-fold to any big bet from him on the turn or river.
(2) If you check the flop, you at least should bet the turn now. Once again, fold to a reraise. Otherwise, check-fold to any big bet from him on the river.

You have to put some pressure on him on the flop or on the turn. Otherwise, it's very difficult to find out whether you are bluffed out of the pot by weaker pairs. Checking until the river is to weak and is very bad for your table image, too! You can be sure that after this kind of stuff, people will start to run over you if you keep playing so weak.