PDA

View Full Version : 50nl: Top pair on the turn, draw hits.

JP9
02-23-2007, 11:46 PM
villian is 26/26 over 23 hands,

From the short amount of time playing with him he was cbetting alot of flops,

I r.r he quickly calls then checks the turn, he hit his draw? I've seen alot of them tend to do that. Would I be shown kq qj enough to make the call on the river..comments on all streets

Thanks

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $154.35
CO: $51.10
BTN: $89.35
SB: $55.85
Hero (BB): $102.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.50</font>, SB calls $6

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif [A/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($20.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($20.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $11</font>, [i]Hero ?

lacrymosa
02-23-2007, 11:54 PM
I'd probably fold to the flop c-bet. Even if he does this with air. As played, its' pretty close between calling and folding. I'd probably call though

jonyy6788
02-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Call, good turn check and the flop is spew.

Bonesy
02-24-2007, 12:08 AM
I rr pf. As played, I fold the flop.

AliasMrJones
02-24-2007, 12:08 AM
I would float the flop rather than raise. As played I call river.

barryc83
02-24-2007, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this.

ssdex
02-24-2007, 03:23 AM
re raise pre flop is terrible....... so don't do that.... I like calling the flop and then betting the turn.... more fold equity here, even if you don't hit the turn.... plus if you just call, villian has to make a decision on turn, if he checks then its time for a 3/4 pot bet that will take it down like 90% of the time...... secondly, never re raising this flop b/c you know if he calls your probably check folding down ~unless~ you hit the ace....... then it has to become a c/c type scenario, especially if he is giving you nearly 3-1 on the river, your ahead here 1-3 times so i think you have to call the river, if he is playing for value, then your play is going to pay him off.

SubaruSTiMike
02-24-2007, 03:37 AM
Is calling prelfop better or reraising? I don't like to call a raise with ATo, but we have position and it's heads up, so why not reraise? Why is reraising so bad? I agree with the flop call and float, but if villain is smart he might think set. I think he was afraid of the Ace of club as much as you were. I can't really put him on the flush although it's definitely part of his range, but he can also have, like you said QJ, KJ, AJ, or some random J he was trying to make a move with. But the float idea would be the best because you can bluff him off top pair or whatever even if the flush didn't hit.

ssdex
02-24-2007, 03:54 AM
re raising pre flop is bad b/c we have A 10 and Villian is not a monkey, hes only 26/26 if we 3bet, which is the most likely alternitive, he is almost always calling. Any hand he is raising in the sb he is calling a 3bet with.... Now that the pot is nice and big and we flop our A or 10, the only way to find out if we have the best hand is to invest a lot of money, only to find out we don't have the best hand and fold......... its about pot control, and since we have position we have the option to control the pot as well as the hand, once we lose the ability to control the pot, positoin doesn't really matter all that much heads up anymore...... if we call pre flop, call post flop and villian checks the turn as A K and A Q no longer look good, then we can steal.......... however if the pot is huge, there is no real opportunity to steal with A 10, and in reality A 10 is no better than a stealing hand unless you flop top 2 or trip 10's, otherwise your usually in a lot of trouble with it..... i e 10 x x flop vs J J or Q Q and in a world of hurt when the A comes against bigger aces

Genz
02-24-2007, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you only bet if he checks to you on the turn or do you raise him if he fires again on the turn? The third club hits there so we have to fold to a repush, basically, don't we? So is a call down best when he fires again or should we even fold although we hit our TP?

Bonesy
02-25-2007, 03:43 AM
A 26/26 is raising super light especially in the SB. I think calling is fine, but AT is ahead of the vast majority of villain's raising range. Many of these Semi-tags toss their garbage to the 3bet pf and I like to discourage blind stealing when I can. The read is only on 23 hands but I'll take my chances with that.