PDA

View Full Version : AK pushing pre, what do u think with

halperin
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $49.2
BB: $48.2
UTG: $45
Hero (MP): $65.95
BTN: $57.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, <font color="red">BB raises to $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $65.95</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls all in for $43.70
Uncalled bet of $17.25 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($100.9, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($100.9, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif [9/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($100.9, 2 players)
No action

Nick C
02-24-2007, 12:13 AM
BB's 3-bet is on the small side, but he might think it's big, and in any case you are a dog to his range once he bumps it to $5 in pot that's already 4-handed.

So the main benefit to your play is folding equity, and I'm not sure you have enough of it versus BB once he makes this 3-bet in this situation. Plus, there is the very real danger that he has AA or KK.

barryc83
02-24-2007, 02:32 AM
No, when he raises that small with 3 people in already he has QQ/KK/AA a lot. Just call with position and good odds pf. With reads, against some opponents I'll just fold it. Its weak, but if hes a nit youre dominated here.

ssdex
02-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Totally depends on the player-here, if he is not a nit..... with that many people in the pot.... noone in their right mind is making that play with KK or QQ..... its a free ace on the flop........ its either AA or air.... as in jj-88 and other aces you dominate.......Its really not much better then a break even play if he isn't pretty aggressive, but it's a play i don't mind occasionally because i think its pretty close to even assuming AA somewhere around 10-15% of the time..... Also, I hate just calling here, if you call then everyone behind you probably calls also.... Ak is awful in a 4 way big raised pot... your almost never getting paid off and often your hitting ur card while someone else is hitting a set and then your stacking off......