PDA

View Full Version : 25nl stop and GOGOGOGOGO

ama0330
02-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Okay so I made this play and I fully admit that I have no idea what my plan was, no idea what his holding was, and no idea why I stopped and go'ed. Someone help?

Villain is 69/18/3.5 and I'm pretty sure he's not got a King.

100bb effective

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.6, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.5</font>...

VPIP100
02-23-2007, 06:59 PM
I dont have a clue either.

ama0330
02-23-2007, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont have a clue either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your help.

Postcount ++

2mb
02-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Why don't you c-bet flop? Paired board, so if villain doesn't have a king he's probably gonna fold. If called/raised, I'd fold or c/f turn.

ama0330
02-23-2007, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you c-bet flop? Paired board, so if villain doesn't have a king he's probably gonna fold. If called/raised, I'd fold or c/f turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt cbet because I get called/raised by better hands and fold out worse hands = not good.

Gelford
02-23-2007, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt cbet because I get called/raised by better hands and fold out worse hands = not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you betting turn and not just calling him down ?

ama0330
02-23-2007, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you betting turn and not just calling him down ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the point? You tell me

2mb
02-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah, you're right I guess. But at Party I see people calling a c-bet on this board with a flush-/straightdraw too. I just don't like giving up the initiative. But if your plan is to get value out of worse hands, I would c/c small turn and river bets, certainly not betting turn.

Gelford
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
If there is a point to betting turn, then it is to act like an OOP float and hoping to get value from a hand like a small to mid pp or AQ

Or else you are saying, ok, I got my bluff from vilian, now I do not like giving more free cards, so I just protect my hand

Still ... I am no great fan and would prefer to either cbet or just call down all the way (unless reads made me fold at some point)

Cbetting isn't bad, as aba preaches in his videos, it protects your big hands in the long run.

creamfillin
02-23-2007, 07:17 PM
This isn't a stop and go.

C/C turn.

allaboutmyfetti
02-23-2007, 07:18 PM
not really related to the hand specifically, but to me, the check/call flop, bet turn line is one that can't stand a raise like 80+% of the time. I've tried doing it with sets so I would be more comfortable doing it with crap hands, but iono.

Uh, I don't really know why you did this ... maybe villian has like a 25% raise flop and you didn't want to get pushed off of your hand on an obvious bluffable-semi-bluffable board?

The problem I have with the line is, if vilian has any hand reading skills, it seems like your hand is weak and you want to get to a showdown ... at least that's how I would perceive this if i was villian.

Ben K
02-23-2007, 09:12 PM
I like this.

You slowplay your K and come alive on the turn having got a bet out of him that you otherwise wouldn't. Or you check/call flop and play as if neither of you have a King and therefore, you have a relatively good hand. Bet sizes are the right amount and all is good. Clearly you don't have a King but what does villain know????

When you're happy he doesn't have a King and his flop bet was purely because you checked, what beats you? Only AA, QQ, 99, 77 or 97. You can guarantee that this will confuse the hell out of someone who's trying to work out your hand which means you are more likely to get a call.

Because of the confusion, I think you're much more likely to get a call from worse hands. Two Kings on the board means he thinking about you having a King and that's about it. Whatever his hand is he's more likely to call your turn bet to see what happens on the river. So long as you're careful if A,Q or flush hits, I think this is fine and you're turn bet is for lotsa value.

Just remember that YOU don't think he has a King. Therefore, put the pressure on him to mess up when he doesn't have a King either. If your read is wrong, he'll prolly shove and you get to fold.

I do think that, opponent depending, flop could either be c-bet or check. If he likes to challenge c-bets then checking is cool. If not then c-betting is the way to go. You don't want to c-bet and then have him raise it because you'd have to fold. If I got c-bet on this type of flop I'm raising 3.5 times his bet about 80% of the time when I have any pair.

Just got back from the pub so not sure htis all makes sense. :-)

HUD-BOT
02-23-2007, 09:30 PM
This post probably belongs in psychology. WTF is the point in posting it? You know you played it wrong but you don't know why. Who [censored] knows why.

HUD-BOT
02-23-2007, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you c-bet flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he's probably gonna fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Answered your own question.

Gelford
02-23-2007, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you c-bet flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he's probably gonna fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Answered your own question.

[/ QUOTE ]

You left out 'any hand that I have beat, but raise anything that beats me ... and also might push me off with a pure bluff, so ... ????? '