PDA

View Full Version : 25nl I should fold but I DONT WANNA!!

ama0330
02-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Villain is 53/19/2.6

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($30.40)
SB ($16.41)
Hero ($25)
UTG ($29.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, UTG folds.

Flop: ($2.85) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($8.85) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7</font>, Hero...

Dave I
02-23-2007, 03:13 PM
C/R the flop.

As played, I don't know. There are million cards you don't want to see. I think calling is the worst option though.

VPIP100
02-23-2007, 03:14 PM
OOP this is spew imho. IP I'd like a 3-bet or flatcall.

Why do you call flop without knowing what to do if he stays aggresive when a blank falls?

Antinome
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
easy minraise ....

Villian will invoke Baluga theorum and fold. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's a joke. Villian doesn't fold anything beating us here, a fact we rely on when we have sets and top two.

Call flop to lead at turn or check/fold turn. a check/call is defensible given his apparent looseness, but it sucks playing that way.

ama0330
02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Turn is a pretty standard fold, and thats what I did. Im more interested in PF and flop play, particularly plans for flop.

matrix
02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
meh - leading turn after calling flop is standard here.

if you think he's aggro enough to bluff the turn with a 2nd barrel c/r all-in - he's not folding whatever he's got tho and there's a good chance he has you toasted - tho I spose an equally good chance he has JT or something we beat.

high variance marginal profit.

gumpzilla
02-23-2007, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C/R the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems gross to me. The only worse hands likely to call are flush draws that will usually also be drawing to an over to your J, giving him 12 outs. If you're having a special day JT calls there, perhaps. Better hands folding here is also going to be quite rare - maybe you move KJ, maybe not. AJ probably isn't folding, and any overpair isn't either. So this seems like a pretty big reverse implied odds play.

I think I would usually lead this flop for about 2/3 pot and fold to a raise. The one thing that's unpleasant about this is what to do on the turn. It would definitely depend on the turn, but under various circumstances I might employ a blocking-style lead, check/call if the bet is small, or check/fold, with c/f probably being the most likely option.

Check-call/check-fold as played seems valid as well.

EDIT: Given how loose the guy is PF, I don't hate the PF call, though 3betting him might make more sense since you're OOP.

barryc83
02-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Being in position is the nuts isnt it? Fold pf, fold turn but you know this.

Kramer
02-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I would fold PF this one.
You are OOP and UTG is still to act so I don't like it.
FLOP-I would call
TURN-how bad is betting out?
As you played it I would FOLD the turn
EDIT: I think it sucks if we bet out
If he calls what is the plan on the river?
C/F
If he pushes or reraises C/F again
So..I don't like betting out on the TURN

weknowhowtolive
02-23-2007, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why do you call flop without knowing what to do if he stays aggresive when a blank falls?

[/ QUOTE ]

meleader2
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if you think he's aggro enough to bluff the turn with a 2nd barrel c/r all-in - he's not folding whatever he's got tho and there's a good chance he has you toasted - tho I spose an equally good chance he has JT or something we beat.

high variance marginal profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

leading turn OOP? blech...i dunno. u 2/3 pot, he calls. then u c/c what??? a 2/3 pot agian?

barryc83
02-23-2007, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried bluff raising sometimes here against people I "thought" were good (ie had decent stats), but you [censored] stations never fold QJ even though I run at like 18/12.

Dave I
02-23-2007, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C/R the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems gross to me. The only worse hands likely to call are flush draws that will usually also be drawing to an over to your J, giving him 12 outs. If you're having a special day JT calls there, perhaps. Better hands folding here is also going to be quite rare - maybe you move KJ, maybe not. AJ probably isn't folding, and any overpair isn't either. So this seems like a pretty big reverse implied odds play.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a 53/19/2.6 - His range is massive. I would do this with any hand I call with. It's essentially a bluff cause we pretty much can't win any other way if he continues his aggression. The fact we have TPDK is a bonus if we actually do get called. We can c/f the turn if it's bad.

The other option is lead flop or C/F. If we C/C we have to lead the turn then. Why are we callin preflop if we are just going to go limp later? If it's because we think our hand is stronger, then we got a good flop. Otherwise it's because we plan to take it away and C/R is one way to do it that usually shows a lot of strength.