PDA

View Full Version : flopped nut flush in limped pot

matrix
02-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $23.80
CO: $55.50
Button: $40.65
Hero: $26.35
BB: $33.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.25, 3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $20</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $23.35</font>, CO calls.

CO is a 60/0/2 donk - very passive pre - laggy post.

I think he has a set his flop check is unusual - button looks like he has one pair and is 40/20/oo lag monkey.

earlier this session I squeezed CO and a n other with an OESD - and got called by TPTK on a 985 2 tone board and missed all of my 14 outs (which is where he got his stack from)

are there any better lines?

comments and critique welcomed.

barryc83
02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I usually just lead for $1 and lead the rest of the way. I think this flop gets checked through a lot and none of these donks are gonna think youll bet the nuts on 3 streets. If I lead and get raised, I smooth call and look to c/r the turn. If theyre really bad I'll just stick it in bc they think tpnk is the nuts.

4_2_it
02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Pre-flop an flop look fine. I like the flop to encourage multi-way. Turn is non-standard, but with your read I kind of like it. Normally I would lead or check raise to get value from the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif and sets.

Phytopath
02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I usually don't try anything fancy in these spots, I'd lead the flop for .75-1. Then I would lead the turn again for about 3/4 of the pot.

I guess against idiot lag monkeys your slow play can work too, but I am not sure if in the long run this will get more cash in the pot or not. If someone has 2pair/set/straight/smaller flush you will be making alot with this hand, so I think playing it fast to get the guy with Qc to pay isn't too bad of an idea.

Supwithbates
02-23-2007, 12:29 PM
this is fine with your read. I probably still lead flop because you're getting calls from pair+draw, Qc and Tc, as well as sets/2pair etc.
I think leading turn is important though because one of them is probably drawing to the flush and could very easily check behind; you miss a lot of value by not leading turn in the longrun, even against a lagtard villain

4_2_it
02-23-2007, 12:52 PM
For those advocating a flop lead, The A,K and J of /images/graemlins/club.gif are accounted for. Made hands like 2 pair and sets will be betting this flop a lot. If there is another flush out there all the money gets in by the river anyway. I like giving worse hands one street to stab at the pot.

Supwithbates
02-23-2007, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those advocating a flop lead, The A,K and J of /images/graemlins/club.gif are accounted for. Made hands like 2 pair and sets will be betting this flop a lot. If there is another flush out there all the money gets in by the river anyway. I like giving worse hands one street to stab at the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
THis is true, but checking the turn is just bad; if they have a set, they're not paying off too much unimproved and you're offering a free card to outdraw you; if they have a draw, they can easily check behind and they're only paying you off the few times that they hit.

barryc83
02-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, its not a bad idea to check the flop, but in my experiences at uNL, bet bet bet when you have the nuts works the best. I think a lot of people will call the flop bc why would you ever bet the flush?

matrix
02-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I was playing ~28/18 when this hand went down FWIW - I'd completed a few blinds and check folded all of them up till now.

I think my flop line is about optimal given that there are *2* aggro villains behind me - one of them is almost always betting this flop and it's not as though I'm scared of many draws. I have the stone cold nuts and I want to let them catch an expensive 2nd best hand instead of folding them out.

Turn brick - not so good for me - but I'm pretty sure I'll get value from a bluffy lag villain somewhere and plan to c/r. Then CO checks through again and button donks.

Given the unsuccessful squeeze I pulled against CO earlier I decided to smooth call because then CO is put into an interesting spot...

Were it not for that bit of history between us I am leading the turn and looking to b/3b - allin.

I really can't see either of these villains putting me on a flush after I check the turn through as well and I'm 90% sure that one of the two of them will bet.

Ikaika
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I like this line a lot. Nh.

matrix
02-23-2007, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if they have a set, they're not paying off too much unimproved and you're offering a free card to outdraw you

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a set will call my open river push on this board UI. (after all I pushed earlier with J high and lost 100BB)

I am about an 80% favourite on this turn to a set - I'll take the risk of being outdrawn.

If it does get checked through and the board pairs I plan on blocking the river.

ajmargarine
02-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Sometimes you get lucky and go with your gut and unconventional works. nh sorta.

craigmarq
02-23-2007, 01:29 PM
With reads your check to promote multi-way action is fine, I bet the flop anyway however. Too many donks at uNL expect you to slowplay every winning hand. I like your line it seems fine.