PDA

View Full Version : Live game- 4 handed. KK in a tricky spot.

Leviathan101
02-23-2007, 05:11 AM
UTG is loose preflop, moderate aggresion both preflop and postflop. He a respectable player but when the pots get big, he has a real hand. He has a tendency to get involved in too many pots, especially when he feels like just having fun.
I'm seen as a maniac. I have played with this poker group a lot and a lot of my crazy moves have stuck with them. In last orbit, I stacked another hyper aggresive player with an AI over a 1/2 pot bet with KK vs AJ on J84r flop. That was for around $100. I get almost 0 respect for my preflop raises.

Approximate stacks. 1-2 blinds. 4 handed.
UTG - $500
Btn - $340
SB - $90
Hero (BB) - $400

Hero has Ks Kh

Preflop: UTG limps, BTN limps, SB limps, Hero raises to $12. All call.

Flop - Pot is $48 - As Ac 9h - SB checks. I bet for $40. UTG talks about hitting his heart draw (which means he probably doesn't have hearts)and calls. BTN folds, SB folds.

Turn - pot is $128 - As Ac 9h 5h - Utg laughs and says half way to the backdoor.

Hero (best action here is? B/F?)

Hero checked.

UTG thinks then says
I want to take it down now. UTG bets $130.

Hero...

Do I beat anything that would make this play from this kind of player?

craigmarq
02-23-2007, 05:18 AM
No, however i bet/fold rather than check/fold.

thac
02-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Usually when live donkeys talk, they're really comfortable. I'm only comfortable when I have a monster. I like a bet/fold here, but I think you're fine to c/f it.

Leviathan101
02-23-2007, 06:00 AM
oh i forgot to mention this.
This is a home game with better than average players. Most of them would be winners at the micros online, although they each have some huge leaks. Their overall game is pretty good though.