PDA

View Full Version : Set on flop OOP, not PF raiser. Donkbet or c-raise?

Zagga
02-23-2007, 04:51 AM
This is a situation that I See quite some times (I play 25NL).

Im talking about 22-88 here. I raise PF UTG and get reraised by button. I call and flop a set. or I have 22-88 in the blinds and someone raises before me. I usually call there since the lousy position (but I tend to raise it if I have position on the raiser), and I flop my set.

What is the best way to go here if you have no reads yet on the villain? Donkbet into him or check-raising?

emeraldice
02-23-2007, 05:00 AM
depends on the board...an ace flop is always great for donkbetting. anything u can do to get money in the pot, a lot of times it doesn't really matter how u play it as long as u play it aggressively at these stakes

maccamack
02-23-2007, 05:21 AM
depends on a number of things:

1. The aggression level of the opponent
2. The texture of the flop
3. How many seeing the flop etc
4. Does opponent always c-bet

This list is not exhaustive...
Generally, in a re-raised pot someone has a big pair so leading is fine, but the check raise all in is not often an over bet either.

In a raised pot, your opponent may have nothing, so leading can sometimes only win you what is in the pot - hence considering the things listed. On a non drawy board, I like check call, lead, lead or in position, call, raise/bet, bet. On a drawy board, I want as much money in the pot as possible before something ugly arrives.