PDA

View Full Version : Busted gutshot River decision $200 pot

rakes.a.beach
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Sorry, No converter so I'm going to do the best I can.

115 Effective stacks. 0.50 BB. six handed

Two Folds. <font color="red"> </font> with k /images/graemlins/heart.gifq /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Btn folds. SB calls
BB minraises to 4. I call SB calls.

I have never seen him minraise after about 200 hands. He's about 20/12/2. standard but pretty nitty. has a huge stack.. 230.

POT: 12 Flop comes 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifa /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian bets 5. I call. SB folds.

Pot:22 Turn comes 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villian makes another weak bet of 7. I made it 28 and he tanks and calls. I'm holding the q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I can't put him on a flush.

Pot 80: River comes a 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He leads out and bets 15. I push for 63 more.

Thoughts? I'm probably viewed as TAG. Has not put a move on him and never was involved in a big pot w/ him. I assume he's a regular cuz non regulars w/ 400 bbs don't sit around for two hours.

Isura
02-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Its fine since he's so tight. Looks like AK though, so hope he can fold!

IsaacAsimov
02-22-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't see a regular betting so small into every pot on every street and then calling your turn raise.
Just cause he has 400 BB doesn't mean he can't be a fish. Imo you have to be pretty sure that villain is a thinking player to make this move. This looks like fps to me.
I'd fold the river and save my 63 $. Think about your FE. It is 48 more to call for villain in a 158$ pot. Villain could be slowplaying the nutflush here imo.

rakes.a.beach
02-23-2007, 12:38 AM
I should clearify that it's 63 more. I had 78 left at that point. When he puts out his 15 dollar bet on the river, it seemed sooo weak. I couldn't help but push there.

a couple more questions:
1) What do you think are the chances of villian having the nut flush here?
2)What's a better line? A flop raise? Call on turn?

IsaacAsimov
02-23-2007, 01:03 AM
I think I'd raise the flop close to pot if I were planning on making a move against villain. If he is a thinking player I'd consider betting 2/3 of the pot on the turn after the flush hits.
The way villain plays I just can't see him being a good player. He just does so many things that are typical of worse players.
Thinking about it, villain could have AA here. I find it rather unlikely that he has the nutflush here. The only hand that would make half sense is KJs and that doesn't make much sense. Sorry that I suggested him possibly having the nutflush. I didn't take the preflop play into consideration.

Check_The_Nuts
02-23-2007, 02:33 AM
This bluff is [censored] insane.