PDA

View Full Version : What hands and situations do you Reraise pf?

SmallPotJeff
02-22-2007, 08:51 PM
So it's pretty much standard that you repop pf with AK, KK, and AA.
What I'm wondering about and occasionally getting in trouble with are those other hands - AQ, JJ-QQ, lower pockets, suited connectors, etc.

In what situations will you repop a not-quite premium hand (JJ, AQs)? In what situations will you repop semibluff (medium-low pocket pair or suited connector)?
What kind of stats do you look for in an opponent before reraising a non-premium hand?
Also, do you do this more often In Position or in the Blinds?

Leviathan101
02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I repop JJ around 80% of the time. Sometimes I just call. JJ IMO is a premium.

AQ, I will RR depending on they player. If they raise light I will reraise them. If I have some read that they are fit/fold postflop, I will RR them.

I repop down to 77, and suited connectors OTB depending how frisky I feel, and ofcourse depending on the player.
I also RR with relative trash that is completely dominated by their calling and sometimes their raising range (stuff like KTo, T7s) I feel that 3-betting as a whole is profitable, but I will only 3-bet against a player I understand. If I dont understand how they play and can't see how the hand may play out, I will only 3bet AK, JJ+ against unknowns.

I tend to 3-bet equally OOP and IP. I think the play has so much momentum, that by decreasing stack sizes and showing lots of strength, being OOP is as much of a factor.