PDA

View Full Version : NL 25: AQ trips call turn 3bet push?

jimpo
02-22-2007, 05:38 PM
I might have screwed up preflop and flop here as well. If you comment like "raise preflop" please try to tell me why also, as I would love to know. Preflop I usually raise but here I thought to try a different route for a change and also thought that since I have position I would like to use that post flop to win some more than a little pot preflop / on the flop (foolishness with AQo? not a big pot hand?). On the flop I had some vague WA/WB idea on my mind, then on turn I realized that it is not really WA/WB at all (flush draw) and decided to raise...

Turn: call or fold? CO is 29/14/3, only 14 hands played at the table so far.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($63.75)
MP ($25)
CO ($30.40)
Hero ($28.40)
SB ($15.80)
BB ($11)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.85) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($3.85) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $28.65</font>, Hero...?

orange
02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
i would rr pf a decent amount. loose co opener, position, decent hand, whatever. sometimes calling is fine as well, but for the most part, i like rr-ing. if he had been an UTG raiser, i wouldnt mind calling.

flop is fine.

turn, why would you raise if you dont know how to handle a shove? think about the reasons why you are raising the turn...from my point of view, it looks like you want to extract value. raise/folding this turn is not a good plan in my opinion. either call the turn and do something on the river, or raise/call the turn.

allaboutmyfetti
02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
raise pf b/c:
(1) for value, villian prolly has a pretty wide opening range in SB and you most likely have the best hand. Getting in more money when you have the best hand is always a good thing.
(2) Easy to take down a whiffed pot with a flop c-bet.
(3) If you hit your hand (i.e. the ace), you're not going to get as paid off as much as you think since villian's going to catch on pretty quick that you have an A and not give you ridiculous action.
(4) If you showdown that you RR with strong hands, you can also RR with weaker hands and still get a ton of respect.

i like raise-calling the turn b/c it might look like such an 'obvious' bluff to bad villian.

jimpo
02-22-2007, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
turn, why would you raise if you dont know how to handle a shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't know what the hell I am doing? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess I kinda wanted to protect my hand from a flush draw. &lt;= limit mentality? Does this not apply to NL? Plus I did think I have a good chance of having the best hand and villain a lower ace (value), but was not prepared to a push at all.

[ QUOTE ]
raise/folding this turn is not a good plan in my opinion. either call the turn and do something on the river, or raise/call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just call turn, do you just call a blank river, or raise? (I guess raise?) Flush river - call a reasonable bet?

BTW I called the push but did not feel great doing so...should I have sized the turn bet differently to make raise-call (or raise-fold?) somehow work better?