PDA

View Full Version : NL50 JJ in 5 way pot

Kowalski
02-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Villan is a donkey 59/29/2.00 over 70 hands

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $50
BB: $49.5
Hero (UTG): $74.95
CO: $142.55
BTN: $98.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($10, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, CO calls $7, BTN calls $7, SB folds, BB calls $7

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif [8/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($38, 4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $38</font>, BTN folds, BB folds, Hero?

eigenvalue
02-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Difficult, really difficult to play that overpair with so many callers in the hand.

I think it's a huge mistake to bet the "normal" amount of money into that pot on the flop. I would lead out with a huge, huge bet, maybe $25 at least. You have to deny drawing hands the pot odds and your problem is that if one donk calls, everyone gets the proper pot odds to call, too.
So I like a $25 raise on the flop to end that hand.

The amount CO bets on the turn tells us that he will go to a showdown. So he isn't afraid of a showdown in a 4-way pot, this tells my that I'm beaten. =&gt; Fold!

Dave I
02-22-2007, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Difficult, really difficult to play that overpair with so many callers in the hand.

I think it's a huge mistake to bet the "normal" amount of money into that pot on the flop. I would lead out with a huge, huge bet, maybe $25 at least. You have to deny drawing hands the pot odds and your problem is that if one donk calls, everyone gets the proper pot odds to call, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't HAVE to deny odds to draw. That bet is only going to get called by better hands.

I check this flop, hoping it checks to CO or BTN to C/R and fold out the field. If it checks through, I am fine with that too. Like you said, it's hard to play this multiway with that draw and I don't see any better option than checking.

allaboutmyfetti
02-22-2007, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is really bad advice (unless you have a specific read that some donk will felt with a flush draw) .. but for the most part overbetting the pot like this is just going make villians *correctly* fold their draws and you will only be called by 2-pair or better types of hands.

I would, however, bet the flop and bet closer to the pot.

On the turn ... jeeze I dunno ... i rly don't like c/cing on a 4-way super wet board like that ... blah I would probably felt JJ i this hand.

bmk67
02-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Move up to higher limits where they respect your raises.

But seriously, villain has committed to seeing a showdown with that bet. How do you feel about committing your 150BB stack in a WA/WB situation with just an overpair when you know you're going to get called by at least the CO and perhaps the BB as well?

I think I would have potted the flop, and I think if I'm willing to felt this hand, I'm open pushing the turn - and if I'm not willing to felt, I can feel pretty good about c/f.

MightyJohn
02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
C/R flop.