PDA

View Full Version : AKo bluffing(?) all in on flop

ipushufold
02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Villain in this hand is 38/10 over a small sample. Has shown an aggressiveness on flop at 2.67.

Seat 1: BB ($32.25 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG ($47.65 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG+1 ($26.30 in chips)
Seat 4: Hero (CO) ($26 in chips)
Seat 5: Button ($24.95 in chips)
Seat 6: SB ($6 in chips)

----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Hero A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG: folds
UTG1: folds
Hero: raises to $0.75
Button: folds
SB: folds
BB (villain): raises to $3
Hero: calls $2.25

----- FLOP ----- 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB (villain): bets $5
Hero: raises to $23 and is all-in

Villain in this hand has been the victim for a few steals (mostly with good hands) but I suspect that he is keeping a close eye on the table since he is singletabling. I showed down crap once but won that pot.

I choosed this line because I think he is full of it alot of times with hands like AJo etc. I also like my push tho because the 2 clubs on the table increased my equity vs kings with like 4%.

What does my line look like I have if I didnt tell you I had AKo? Do villain ever fold 77,88 and TT here?

Freelancer
02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
I'd prefer shoving or making a big raise preflop over bluffing on the flop...

corsakh
02-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I dont think that someone with a PFR of 10 3bets light from the BB. And I dont think this is the way you would play a set. So I don't like your chances.

Basshunter
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
I would have called your bet with x9 immediately!
Terrible play on flop. You could possibly have called villain on flop floating and bluff turn, but never have went all in on flop....

My opinion is that you should have folded flop. If you would have hade AK with flush draw that is a very good move since you are favourite against pair, but not without..

Pokey
02-22-2007, 04:18 PM
OOP, I'd four-bet all-in preflop. Here you have position, so your choices are wider. Personally, I'm going to mix up my play based on my opponent, and against this particular opponent I prefer pushing preflop simply because of his rampant postflop aggression: AKo is a hand that really likes to be heads-up (which you are) and that really likes to see five cards (which pushing allows). Your bet is a semibluff intending to induce a fold from hands like 22/33/44/55 that play well against AK and possibly getting called by AQ/KQ that play very badly against AK. By pushing preflop you nullify his postflop aggression, you regain control of the hand, and you put your opponent to an incredibly difficult decision for all his chips. It's a very strong play and a very profitable one.

After the flop, all bets are off. Your opponent has control and he chases his preflop three-bet with a flop bet. Is this a continuation bet? Is this a made hand extracting money? You can't tell. What you know for sure is that your hand is rapidly turning to crap. Flying exclusively on the read of a small sample, I let this one go and wait for a better chance to risk all my chips. If I had flopped an A or a K, I would like this play MUCH more. If I had a more aggressive opponent, I'd like this play more. As it stands, my odds of improving are slim, and if I'm called I'm drawing thin (possibly EXTREMELY thin).

While I am willing to risk my stack on this hand preflop in this situation, I'm NOT willing to risk my stack on this hand postflop after this particular flop. I fold and I don't feel the least bit bad about it (though I regret my preflop play).

matrix
02-22-2007, 04:29 PM
listen to the spinny spinny tigger man - he nailed it.

fees
02-22-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll agree that the tiger go it right, but I want to comment on bass hunters idea that reraising with the flush/overcards. Long term you will be edging 4% or so? plus the folds they give you right? Thats a nice edge, but at these limits my experience with this plays is that they constantly get action with almost any pair that is a flip for you. My opinion for this situation at these limits is to call and try to make your hand. I've found that if you make your hand they will pay you off anyway, and if you miss you can fold. Position is everything, so for example say you are out of position and the situation was AKs and the board is 2s5s9h and he bets out about pot, make the call. The turn comes a blank, Jd, and he comes at you with another big bet, you muck, if it's small make the call and bet out on the river if you make your hand, and if it's a check you can try a steal on the river, depending what comes.

Let me know what you think
Thanks
Ryan

RAHZero
02-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Yep, Pokey's advice is spot on. You may have some FE against lower PPs, but I doubt that you're being 3-bet light, and he's looking you up with QQ+ here always.

Basshunter, if you're calling here with just a pair of 9s (9x, not 99 for a set) , you're likely spewing without a very good read. Lots of players at uNL will just call a reraise with AA or KK or QQ, hoping to trap PF. If I were villain, I'd instacall the shove with QQ+, probably lean towards a call with JJ, and lean towards a fold with TT. With AK or worse I would instafold.

Fees, with a call you can only win the hand in one way, by making your hand. With a raise, you give yourself FE as well. I'm not saying that shoving is necessarily always correct here with the NFD, just that it very well may be, especially if your opponent can lay down a hand such as JJ or TT here. There's also no guarantee that you will get paid off if you do hit your flush.

IsaacAsimov
02-22-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't like your flop play here at all. You need a ton of fold equity for this play to be profitable and I just don't think it is there.

I like Pokey's suggestion about 4bet pushing AK against light 3betters when you think they are doing that against you alot. I have thought about that move myself, but have gotten into the right spot to try it yet.

fees
02-22-2007, 06:29 PM
RAH, I think at these levels, in fact up to 1/2 I see alot more calls in these situations than folds (ALOT more). My strategy used to be fastplay, but I've been making alot more with check raising or value betting, players at these levels have ALOT of trouble putting hands away for value bets and sometimes feel frustrated and reraise all in.

allaboutmyfetti
02-22-2007, 06:40 PM
kinda grunchin,

If villian 3-bets light, I would push this flop. If villian doesn't I would probably just fold.

ipushufold
02-24-2007, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, Pokey's advice is spot on. You may have some FE against lower PPs, but I doubt that you're being 3-bet light, and he's looking you up with QQ+ here always.

Basshunter, if you're calling here with just a pair of 9s (9x, not 99 for a set) , you're likely spewing without a very good read. Lots of players at uNL will just call a reraise with AA or KK or QQ, hoping to trap PF. If I were villain, I'd instacall the shove with QQ+, probably lean towards a call with JJ, and lean towards a fold with TT. With AK or worse I would instafold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, all I wanted to know with this post was if anyone of you thinking members here would fold a made hand to my push here. I'm very interested in knowing if anyone ever folds JJ here or if I get paid with this line if I have KK/AA here instead against hands like TT? Seems I do since some of you are saying you would instacall me.

[ QUOTE ]
kinda grunchin,

If villian 3-bets light, I would push this flop. If villian doesn't I would probably just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stomach feeling based on how villain reads the situation preflop made me do a flop push here. I think he did 3-bet me lightly.

Results: He did fold.