PDA

View Full Version : QQ with multiple pre-flop re-raises

bober2
02-22-2007, 10:48 AM
How should i bet this? It obviously worked out well for me as played, but i'm not sure i did it right.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($11.58)
SB ($1.42)
BB ($5.79)
UTG ($18.25)
MP ($7.62)
Hero ($11.66)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.67</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8.56</font>, Hero calls $5.02.

Flop: ($16.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: ($16.25) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($16.25) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $16.25

APipeDream
02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
At this level, you're easily looking at someone with As, Ks, or AK. Might as well just call the second raise here. No reason to push in unless you're holding As or Ks yourself. You were probably beat until the flop.

Zagga
02-22-2007, 10:58 AM
I see queens as an preflop allin hand in tournaments but not in cash games. They should be played carefully there. The only hands people are usuall willing to put allin preflop are kings, aces and AK. AA/KK have you beat and AK is only a small underdog for your queens. If you 3-bet queens and get raised you usually should just call for set value and release the hand at the flop.

Phytopath
02-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah I would usually just call the 2nd raise, it depends on your villian though.

Pokey
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
You can smooth-call the min-fourbet preflop and play it for set value if you're feeling timid. Of course, if the flop comes J-high or lower and your opponent checks to you, betting would be a smart move, but be prepared to lay it down to a CRAI. The odds of AA or KK are much higher than normal given his relatively awkward tiny opening raise and comparably awkward tiny fourbet. Your fivebet accomplishes nothing -- it teaches you nothing about his hand, it reduces your implied odds postflop, it reduces your opponent's RIO postflop if you hit, it reduces your postflop leverage that comes from your positional advantage, and it generally builds an even bigger pot with a higher-than-usual chance that your hand isn't best.

I like a smooth-call of the three-bet and a wait-and-see approach on the flop. Be prepared to fight if your opponent checks the flop, but be prepared to fold if your opponent likes the flop and you don't.