PDA

View Full Version : A2 in BB > AQ7 flop

bober2
02-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Villain is known to have previously went all-in for a large amount on the flop with just a flush draw, and raised preflop once in CO position with 10d 7d; i think he bluffs a lot. How would you play it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($9.88)
MP ($5.44)
Button ($17.22)
SB ($1.83)
Hero ($9.73)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.8</font>, MP folds, SB folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.80) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.80

Freelancer
02-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Fold to the flop reraise.

fighter096
02-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Looks ok. Maybe you can raise PF and try to steal it. I think UTG may have sensed weakness with just a call by you on the flop, although he is also kinda betting 2p/set or maybe flush draw semibluff.

Montezuma21
02-22-2007, 11:01 AM
fold to his flop raise. if both villain's VPIP's are pretty low i don't mind a check-fold on the flop either(intending on betting a safe turn if that happens, although that might be a bit weak-tight

Tiki
02-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Check the flop as this gives villains the best chance of making a mistake. Betting the flop is too likely to be called by better aces and folding out those hands which you are ahead of (FD's possibly excepted). Give your opponents the chance to take a shot w/mid-pair or worse.

Betting might be OK if villains are really bad.

Without reads, folding the turn makes little sense having called the flop. IMO you should've folded flop.

Freelancer
02-22-2007, 11:30 AM
The flop bet is totally fine, villains will call with flush draws/Q's and occasionally 7's. When villain reraises you, your looking at better aces a lot (or monsters/draws) and your very very rarely way ahead here since draws also have a lot of outs against you...So in conclusion after the flop raise;
-Your often beat.
-If your ahead your only marginally ahead and won't get any value out of villain if he misses.
-Your OOP

Btw villains description sounds like a TAG. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ipushufold
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I like the flop bet too. I would fold to the reraise tho. We have no kicker and very seldomly someone here raises us with a seven or queen. We are likely behind or at best up against a flush draw. But playing this out of position is hard and I can see no other move than to fold. Reraising here only gets him to call us down with a better kicker.