PDA

View Full Version : JJ line check 25

Big Poppa Smurf
02-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Villain is kind of nitty, but not quite a nit.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $8.65
UTG: $26.30
MP: $28.85
CO: $31.35
Hero (BTN): $31.55
SB: $27.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, SB calls $1, BB folds, UTG calls $0.85

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.55, 3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif [5/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($9.55, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif [3/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($9.55, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>

Shaqalicious
02-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Meh, I don't like raising this river. You underrepped your hand but paired boards = bad news.

Big Poppa Smurf
02-22-2007, 03:06 AM
shaq,

what do you put him on then? saying something like "paired boards = bad news" doesn't even really mean anything.

Shaqalicious
02-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Stats would help. If he's nitty, I don't know what he's donking at the river with that you beat since you haven't shown any post-flop aggression. 66-99 possibly, maybe A10. What do you do if he pushes over the top of you?

I don't hate the river raise, but often times when I do this I've found it to be some slowplayed monster and I end up hating myself for raising with a single pair.

Gelford
02-22-2007, 03:46 AM
What is your image ?

Actually donkbets usually mean weakness, so your line is not bad, allthough if you have been playing a bit on the wild side, and you suspect he has a little something, then raising the flop is good.

Quite read dependent as always, but if you are doing this to practice potcontrol, then I am disaggreeing with you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Supjack
02-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Raise the flop

Bet or check the turn

call or bet river ... Don't raise it

Big Poppa Smurf
02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Gelford,

On the flop I put him on either a small set or something like AT-JT, maybe AA-KK as well (but not too often). I also don't think he'll put in too much more money or will maybe fold the flop with tp if I raise.

So once he checks the turn I doubt he's trying to stack-a-donk, and I thought I could get more money in on the river if I checked than if I bet now. Then the river hits and he vb's his ten, and I min-raise since it looks donkish as hell and he can't fold a ten here.

I READ SOULS

and whoever said stats would help - you are wrong, stats are not reads and they really don't help with postflop play that much unless they are supplemented with reads.

VPIP100
02-22-2007, 01:04 PM
If you know he is going to call a raise with a worse hand, why don't you raise bigger?

eternal_
02-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Raise flop or bet turn.
And what's wrong with a raise at the river? I would raise more here, could get some more value from hands. Wouldn't be worried about the board pairing.

Big Poppa Smurf
02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you know he is going to call a raise with a worse hand, why don't you raise bigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I make a big raise, I'm pretty sure he would fold top pair. The min-raise is super donky especially with the paired river and thus he can't fold to it.