PDA

View Full Version : AA $50NL Trying not to be such a station.

Miyogi
02-21-2007, 11:06 PM
I think that my biggest leak right now is calling too much with 1 pair type hands. Is this a good time to start learngin to fold or no? Villian is 16/11 over 100 hands about.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (UTG): $70.20
MP: $35.60
CO: $49.25
BTN: $48.75
SB: $52.15
BB: $16.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($10, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $9

<font color="black">River:</font> 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($46, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets all in for $29.65</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $29.65 returned to SB

jonyy6788
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Fold turn for $9 if you're gonna fold the river?????

I prolly just call the turn $4 and eval the riv (the essence of pot control).

Miyogi
02-21-2007, 11:16 PM
You expect the push with the min 3 bet on the turn? Also, do you call it on the river?

Gelford
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
What are your stats ?

allaboutmyfetti
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
I say, just call the turn donk (sucks cuz he's getting good odds for a bd flush draw) or grow a pair and raise ~pot, or 3/4 pot. I don't think pushing the turn would be that bad ehre ...

Miyogi
02-21-2007, 11:21 PM
for my session today I was 20/15. Usually I'm just a little laggier. I do splash around more then most people at $50NL

Gelford
02-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Well, I can't make this hand make much sense ... villian seems nitty, so if have an image of being nitty af well, then his aggression (how ever small bettet it is) seem to spell disaster .... but errr ... board isn't that scary, and basically if you've been splashing around recently, then he might just have top pair or similar, only scary thing is a set .... I'd bet larger ... and most likely pay him off here

In my world folding this requires a read (and not the other way around) ... this hand lack some dynamics

I dunno, maybe it has something to do with your reasoning .. "I've lost a lot with one pair hands, so I decided to make a big laydown" kinda thing.

And then you tell me, that you usually splash around a lot. Well, if you splash around a lot, then you have to be prepared to felt a lot of one hand pairs at some point.

Theoretically there is this, trading small mistakes for large one stuff going on (Sklansky and Miller), that a lag plays a lot of small pots, but wakes up in large pots only with weak hands.

I dunno, I've never been a good lag, but in my experience, when you start splashing around your profit does not come from big hands like "The big pot big hand, small pot small hand approach" advocated a lot of places, but from applying pressure backed by a loose image forcing villians to play back at you ... and then reading like crazy and making ultra thin valuebets and big calls.

I find it though as hell and very swingy.

Basically to me it sound like there is a glich in your pokersystem and so you've gotten an error message on one pair hands. I am not sure that the center of this problem steems from hands like these.

I'd sit down and look your pf selection over, think a bit on why you play different hands and what you plan to accomplies. Do a review and see what kind of situations you find yourself in postflop and if you are comfortable with them. You gotta have the basics down.

Why do you splash around for example ??

EDIT:
There is also another reason to splash around, if play a fish or more, you splash around to isolate or just see a lot of flops, and then again reading and making thin valuebets.
If I have a major fish on my right, then I isolate with a wide range ended up playing a lot of raised HU pots with the fish (That is if the table will allow it, at some point they might start 3betting me and we start playing 3handed or more reraised pots, what fun)

br.bm
02-22-2007, 02:30 AM
call his bet on the turn (pot controll, WA/WB)
as played: fold to 3bet on the turn