PDA

View Full Version : When to move up

b2l_cricket
02-21-2007, 10:46 PM
I have played poker off an on for maybe a year. I started playing micro no limit just before party closed. I ran up to about $500 or so before they closed. I moved to other sites and got my BR to $1000 and moved to NL50. From there i got up to about $2600. Then one day i ran bad and tilted off maybe $700 got mad at myself and withdrew the rest of it.

I redeposited about 500 to start over at NL25 and work my way back up in the middle of january. I then got my roll back up to 1000 and moved up to NL50.

Now i have played only 6250 hands at NL50 and almost have 20 buyins for NL100. I'm not sure if i'm playing good enough or just running hot at the moment. With all of what is happening now in poker do you think 20 buyins is still good for playing small stakes poker. I like to multi table if that matters much. As a side note i have much more control over my emotions when it comes to dealing with bad beats now.

Gelford
02-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Do whatever you feel like, it does not sound like you are living of poker, so ....

Just don't tilt of your roll ... if you start losing, then move down.

There is nothing wrong with taking shots.

RickA
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Check the sticky's at the top of this forum. There are some people much smarter than us giving some great advice on that topic.

Good Luck