PDA

View Full Version : Do you play your *favorite* hand differently?

KJatl
02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Somewhat of a random/fun question. Do you play your favorite hold'em hand the same way you would with comparable hands, or differently? Like, if your favorite hand is 10-2, do you play it like it's trash (and usually not play it) or do you take a different approach? Do you use your favorite hand as the hand you will mix your game up with and sometimes raise with it even if it's a bad hand? Do you call with it when you shouldn't because it's your lucky hand?

Just curious about some of the replies... I personally have yet to find my own "favorite" hand. Maybe if I ever win a tourney I'll have one to choose...

weknowhowtolive
02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
my favorite hand is Aces and I play them like everyone should play aces.

craigmarq
02-21-2007, 08:51 PM
As I tell everyone who asks, my favorite hand is AA. I prefer the red ones, but any two will do in a pinch.

Wolfram
02-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Yes, I do have one favorite hand, and I do play it a little differently. I play it more loosely, but not by much. It's just for fun really.

weknowhowtolive
02-21-2007, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I do have one favorite hand, and I do play it a little differently. I play it more loosely, but not by much. It's just for fun really.

[/ QUOTE ]What is it? Isnt that a leak?

BobboFitos
02-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I do, my favorite hand is J9s. Or, I like calling it, "the bobbo". Ive lost alot of money with it, both in cash games and tournaments, so it probably shouldnt be my favorite hand. However, it is very pretty.

weknowhowtolive
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do, my favorite hand is J9s. Or, I like calling it, "the bobbo". Ive lost alot of money with it, both in cash games and tournaments, so it probably shouldnt be my favorite hand. However, it is very pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]I like that hand too, but I dont play it any differently.

Wolfram
02-21-2007, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's 69s. I was playing 2/4 limit full ring live and got it 3 hands in a row and won each and every one of them in a showdown. I think I got 3 flushes, one of them I had an overflush :P

It was quite amazing.

And yes, it's a leak, but such a tiny one it doesn't really matter. Plus, it is a suited 2gapper so it has some value.

weknowhowtolive
02-21-2007, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's 69s. I was playing 2/4 limit full ring live and got it 3 hands in a row and won each and every one of them in a showdown. I think I got 3 flushes, one of them I had an overflush :P

It was quite amazing.

And yes, it's a leak, but such a tiny one it doesn't really matter. Plus, it is a suited 2gapper so it has some value.

[/ QUOTE ]Yup, just one step below Daniels T7

Zagga
02-21-2007, 09:42 PM
My favourite hands are 55-99 and I play them exactly like any other playable hand on preflop and flop.

losingdonkey
02-21-2007, 09:55 PM
If Im not getting cards Ill mix it up with anything

losingdonkey
02-21-2007, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Im not getting cards Ill mix it up with anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I found a leak...

KJatl
02-21-2007, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]