PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 pair -- waht to do on river vs very passive opponent.

dmoney
02-21-2007, 07:13 PM
The only notes i have on opp are showed no aggression with AA one any street, just kepts calling. villains stats are 35/15/0.64 AF.

p.s. this converter screwed the hand up, i fixed it as best as i could. #s might be slightly off.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($44.61)
MP ($49.50)
Button ($31.87)
SB ($14.53)
BB ($55.87)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP calls $3, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>,

Flop: ($7$) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, MP calls $4.50.

Turn: ($15.75) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, MP calls $11.

River: ($37.75) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero?

LOwrestling2001
02-21-2007, 07:19 PM
check call a reasonable bet...if you bet, a non-J hand isn't paying you off anyways. also, why the huge raise preflop? also, that hand is a fold preflop.

dmoney
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
I raise to 3$ as my standard raise.

1) people don't treat it any different then a normal 2$ raise
2) it makes it easier for shoving on river to stack ppl. It actually works like a charm. For the past few weeks i've been doing it and i've stacked ppl more times then i have in the previous month or 2. they all feel obligated to call rivers now with weak tp or 2nd pair. haha.

u should try it out.

You don't find that often ppl will just check behind you with worse 2 pair here? I think that i miss out on alot of value by not shoving here most times. If he has a J he's going all in, if he has a good hand wihtout a J hes checking and im losing value. I figure if I shove here 2 pair almost always calls me (because the bet is smaller then the pot (because of the inital larger raise preflop).

Maybe my thought process is flawed, but there is really no way im folding for 26$ into a 60+ $ pot with Top 2. so why not shove and let worse hands call that i would have not got any more $$ from, but i still would have called the Js that beat me,

craigmarq
02-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Fold preflop. As played bet more on the flop. On the river you have two options either check/calling a reasonable bet or making a small blocking bet for value. You should never be ahead of a push here.