PDA

View Full Version : (NL$50) KK flops an Ace, massive overpush by villain

PietM
02-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Villain seems to play very TAG (19/19 after 60 hands), haven't seen him do anything weird.

This is a super-easy fold, right? Can't see any draw he would push, I only win from JJ here, IMO. You could argue that his push means he doesn't want a call, but I can see some reverse psychology just as easy.

I've been TAG too at this table.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $23.6
BB: $51.55
UTG: $57.55
MP: $34.70
Hero (BTN): $92.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.75</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $4.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($14.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all in for $50.80</font>, Hero ???

Dave I
02-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Easy fold most of the time.

barryc83
02-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Fold. Thank him for sucking and not letting you lose anymore money.

DGenR8
02-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Yup, easy fold as you say.

At these limits, so many players will call off here it's ridiculous. He's just goading you a little, and the fact that you're posting this hand shows how powerful the flop overbet can be.

DGenR8
02-21-2007, 04:06 PM
And by the way, if he's got any brains, he's doing this with a set.

Nick C
02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, Villain's line in the hand may not be the best way to play a set or AK, but if he can't beat your hand, I think his play is basically awful.

I mean, if he's got even as much as JJ, he's risking $50.80 to win $14.25 that you don't have AA or QQ (and you easily could) or will dump AK if you have that (and I suspect you probably should, but it's a hazardous thing to count on your opponent to do). So that's 6 combos you're never folding, 12 combos you might fold, and 6 combos (KK) that you probably will fold. Toss some possibility of AQ in there, and Villain's situation begins to look bleaker still.

As some compensation, though, I suppose he would keep TT and worse from stealing the pot from him.

sputum
02-21-2007, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a super-easy fold, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
In the cold light of day, yes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
You do get people doing this with underpairs but they generally don't last sixty hands at a table /images/graemlins/smile.gif Bin it and move on.

PietM
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You do get people doing this with underpairs but they generally don't last sixty hands at a table /images/graemlins/smile.gif Bin it and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my idea too. If it was a bad, loose player, maybe I would've called.