PDA

View Full Version : 10NL GSSD w/ overcards vs. weak turn bet

RollTide77
02-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm completely clueless how to play SDs postflop other than to go with the pot odds. This bet is soooo weak but its not giving me the odds. Should I call it anyway to catch my K or J?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($10.80)
Hero ($10.85)
Button ($15.55)
SB ($8)
BB ($1.60)
UTG ($22.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, Button calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, Button calls $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.90) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.5</font>, SB calls $0.50, Hero ???

RAHZero
02-21-2007, 02:39 PM
What are you trying to accomplish with that flop bet? Multiway on this board you should probably check this, it's very likely someone has a draw or a pair and they won't fold, especially to that weak bet. As played, fold the turn, you have 3 clean outs and no reason to think that you're impied odds are any good.

Nick C
02-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I would probably let it go, but I don't think calling is awful or anything. You probably have some implied odds on a jack (although of course on occasion you'll catch the Jh and lose to a flush). Maybe that jack will even give someone two pair or something and you'll get paid better than it looks like you will.

I'd imagine no one has anything as good as a pair of kings yet, so your overcard should be worth something too, although catching that king may give you top pair at the same time that someone else makes two pair or a straight. I certainly wouldn't put a lot of money in on the river if I just caught top pair.