PDA

View Full Version : 25NL TPTK vs huge station

JP9
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Villan is 45/18 big luck box but has been making a lot of bluffs and calling down with 2nd and 3rd pair. Comments on all streets

Thanks

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $7.10
CO: $32.50
BTN: $8.25
Hero (SB): $68.95
BB: $11.4
UTG: $167.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2.65

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($19.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15

<font color="black">River:</font> T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] hero???

holyfield5
02-21-2007, 03:16 PM
tough spot, you have to decide if you are calling down as long as there are only 3 clubs at the start, id check at least the turn possibly the flop to let him bluff as it helps with pot control.

what is his AF

JP9
02-21-2007, 03:20 PM
TAF- 0.95

JBizzle104
02-21-2007, 03:20 PM
I definately agree that you have to control the pot size here. I for sure bet that flop but slow down after that. I would call his turn bet and go from there. That Q on the end is a scary card for you and not for him b/c it seems he doesnt get scared of anything playing out of control. So I guess I check /call, check/call the turn and river depending on bet amounts and maybe even lay down that river depending. To me though it looks like most likely he has a high club but that Q could have rivered him two pair also. Tough, Tough spot...

JB

xorthio
02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
anyone likes a blocking bet here on this river?

DJ Sensei
02-21-2007, 03:45 PM
i'd probably c/c the turn for pot control, but now that you're at the river, i'd bet $20 or $25 to block and fold to a raise.

Dave I
02-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I like it the whole way.

I prefer c/c up to the amount I would block with on the river. It won't be much more and if it is you can safely fold.

This is a pair + draw or naked draw as much as it is a hand that beats us.

I want to showdown and if he is a bluffer I would hate to have to fold to a raise/shove.

Caelallaiach
02-21-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure I agree with what is being said here, you're in a re-raised pot against a calling station. Why wouldn't you bet the turn when it is so likely he has just one club? This might be your only chance to make any money on this hand, I think I would play it the same way and on the end I like a blocking bet of $20-$25, if he raises then you probably have to fold.

When you say he calls down with 2nd, 3rd pair, do you mean all the way to the river by the way? I am assuming that's what you mean.

Nick C
02-21-2007, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. In fact, I think we're ahead more often than not on the turn, and I like the bet.

Dave I
02-21-2007, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. In fact, I think we're ahead more often than not on the turn, and I like the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I think we HAVE to bet the turn.

Nick C
02-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Hell if I know what's best on the river (it's my worst street), but we have about $43 left and the pot has almost $50 in it. I don't really see how we can make a credible blocking bet with the plan of folding to a raise -- especially against a guy who's described as "making lots of bluffs."

In any case, that's a pretty crappy river card for us, I'll admit, but at least it's not a club /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Stake Monster
02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
He probably has the ace of clubs imo. I'd bet the pot on both flop and turn. Maybe even higher since he's a calling station. I think your bet on the flop wasn't high enough to really know where you're at.

What hand are you afraid of here? K10? KQ? A set? I think you're ahead more often than not, but your bets put you in a bad situation on the river, as he might just bluff you out with that scare card.

gumpzilla
02-21-2007, 06:15 PM
The people saying they want to control the size of the pot here seem way off to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Villan is 45/18 big luck box but has been making a lot of bluffs and calling down with 2nd and 3rd pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy is calling too much, bet. Particularly in a situation where there are tons of plausible draws, like this one. If he flopped a flush or two pair, well, that sucks, but in general against this kind of guy just ramming the money in there is going to get the job done.

ama0330
02-21-2007, 06:17 PM
BET