PDA

View Full Version : NL50 (6): folding QQ preflop

fooz
02-21-2007, 12:55 PM
* Villain is 18/12/1.9 after 211 hands.

Am I wrong for doing this? Do you do it differently?
(I did quickly note that I folded this way to him in case he ever tries it again)

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19.55
UTG+1: $61.85
CO: $59.90
Hero: $55.90
SB: $57.80
BB: $52.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
3 folds, <font color="#000000">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#000000">SB raises to $6.5</font>, BB folds, <font color="#000000">Hero raises to $22</font>, <font color="#000000">SB raises all-in $57.8</font>, Hero folds.

KJatl
02-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Good fold. I don't see him having anything other than KK or AA here.

barryc83
02-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Call the original RR pf, dont 4bet.

fooz
02-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Ok. Say I call and the Flop comes all low (Jxx or xxx or something), and he makes a PSB. So it's $13 to me with a pot size of $26. All-in?

Kramer
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Call the 3-bet PF
On the flop the pot will be ~14$

I'll call a bet on the FLOP and fold on the TURN if he bets big again.(he has the goods)

If he best FLOP and checks turn and river I think he missed and I make a bet on the river

If he checks FLOP I think I'll check behind to see what he does on the TURN.I don't think he will check twice a good hand.

If he checks FLOP bets TURN I'll call and FOLD to any presure on the river

How do you think is my plan ? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miko
02-21-2007, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. Say I call and the Flop comes all low (Jxx or xxx or something), and he makes a PSB. So it's $13 to me with a pot size of $26. All-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point for 4betting.

I think we're WA/WB here, why not find out?

Kramer
02-21-2007, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point for 4betting.

I think we're WA/WB here, why not find out?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry .. my English is not very good
So you say you like 4 betting to see where you are?

fooz
02-21-2007, 01:54 PM
No. I think Barry's still correct here. I think his SB 3-betting range is on average lower than our QQ. And going into the Flop with position we stand to make more money.

I'm just not clear on how we proceed. My best guess is that we should pretty much go all-in if he's c-betting the pot, given no A or K.

barryc83
02-21-2007, 02:09 PM
If the flop comes like T62 call a cbet and if he fires the turn fold. He's got you beat at this point. Sure he could have JJ, but if you weight JJ/KK/AA equally youre still in bad shape. Also, a lot of nit/TAGs like this wont 3bet JJ pf. When he fires the turn he doesnt have AK.

Kramer
02-21-2007, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. I think Barry's still correct here. I think his SB 3-betting range is on average lower than our QQ. And going into the Flop with position we stand to make more money.

I'm just not clear on how we proceed. My best guess is that we should pretty much go all-in if he's c-betting the pot, given no A or K.

[/ QUOTE ]
90% of the time he will CB the FLOP.
Are you going all in every time ?
He folds AK,AQ and when he calls we are [censored].

PF he reraises to 6.5. You call and the pot is ~14
You have 49 left .He bets 12 in a 14 pot and you push all int?
I'll call his CB and fold the TURN .
What do you mean when you said his 3-betting range is lower than QQ?Did you mean to say his 3-betting range is wide?(you said he was 18/12 so not so shure how wide his range is)

xorthio
02-21-2007, 02:11 PM
you don't like kramers plan?

fsista
02-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes, this sucks. Don't fourbet if you're gonna fold to the push. You have to call 33,9 to win over 80$. Instacall whatever you have really. I'd call all my chips with 45s here.

fsista
02-21-2007, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. CRAI if oop. I see some guys pushing into low flops when they have QQ. It's a very bad move since only KK+ calls. CRAI is to prefer. When in pos. You can play it some different ways. If he's aggro you can make him fire two bullets and safely get your money in on a low flop.

ama0330
02-21-2007, 06:21 PM
No need to four bet this. The fold is correct. I call the 3bet and fold most broadway flops unfortunately. Queens do not play well under immense pressure.

gumpzilla
02-21-2007, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No need to four bet this. The fold is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think a lot of people are getting in with AK in villain's spot? I haven't run the numbers, but looking at the stack sizes, it seems to me like it would be a close call even if they only pushed AK half the time, which seems like a very reasonable assumption. Throw JJ in there ever and then it's definitely a call. I think if you 4bet it PF, you have to call. I would tend not to 4bet it, but then again I don't really 4bet much of anything.