PDA

View Full Version : NL25, AA

jdefoe
02-21-2007, 11:36 AM
no good reads here

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($19.75)
Hero ($24.65)
CO ($34.70)
Button ($10)
SB ($22.30)
BB ($21.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($3.60) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.75</font>, CO calls $2.75, Button calls $2.75.

Turn: ($11.85) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2.5</font>, Button calls $2.50, Hero folds.

standard?

sebbb
02-21-2007, 11:43 AM
This is twice the same hand??? Also please don't post the river here

I would raise 1.25 preflop. I might lead the turn, say 7.50.

Edit: ok you edited

TheRenaissance
02-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Bigger preflop raise and flop bet.
I hate those annoying small bets, but after a bet and call you are probably beat.
Getting these amazing odds calling would be ok too.

sebbb
02-21-2007, 11:47 AM
My reasoning is that when a second king arrives there are less chances the guy had a king. I would then fold to a turn reraise.

Anyone think differently?

TheRenaissance
02-21-2007, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My reasoning is that when a second king arrives there are less chances the guy had a king. I would then fold to a turn reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trouble is, there are two guys.

KJatl
02-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I agree with raising it to 1.25 preflop. I don't want a multi-way pot with AA. Your bet on the flop is fine, with two flat calls I don't mind your check/fold on the turn although I might make a check/raise here just to make sure. The CO's $2.50 bet into a $11.85 is pretty weak. If button had a king he probably raises there. Good spot for a check/raise I think.

sebbb
02-21-2007, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trouble is, there are two guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I guess my reasoning would work better against one guy. I think bet more preflop/bet more flop makes sense and will make your subsequent decisions easier

TheRenaissance
02-21-2007, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good spot for a check/raise I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a terrible spot for a check raise.

KJatl
02-21-2007, 12:06 PM
With straight and flush draws out there, why is this play so bad? You don't think people are betting small/calling small with an open ender and/or flush draw here? Especially when hero checks the turn basically giving them the go-ahead.

RAHZero
02-21-2007, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With straight and flush draws out there, why is this play so bad? You don't think people are betting small/calling small with an open ender and/or flush draw here? Especially when hero checks the turn basically giving them the go-ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

A check-raise is horrid here. A check-raise turns your hand into a bluff, and gets you 3-bet by a king. This is a tiny turn bet, you should call and re-evaluate on the river.

Bonesy
02-21-2007, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A check-raise is horrid here. A check-raise turns your hand into a bluff, and gets you 3-bet by a king. This is a tiny turn bet, you should call and re-evaluate on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

And flop bet is clearly too small as mentioned before.

BoozeHound
02-21-2007, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think you see two Jx hands who called your c-bet cause that's what they do, or a Jx vs flush draw here very often, and sometimes one of them even has a pp 55-10's. I can't tell you how many times I've folded AJ/KJ here assuming my opponents have enough of a brain not to get tangled up with a worse hand, only to watch them bet it weakly to showdown.