PDA

View Full Version : Cbet from CO in a multiway pot with QQ

corsakh
02-21-2007, 08:03 AM
10NL, full stacks.

Say you are in CO with QQ and you raise behind a limper.

Button calls, blind calls and the limper calls.

Flop comes Kxx.

Checked to you. Your action?

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 08:19 AM
if there are no draws on the board it really depends on the other players in the hand. are they calling your c-bet with less than a K? if yes, bet for value. if no, check behind and dont turn a hand with showdown value into a bluff.

VPIP100
02-21-2007, 08:24 AM
C-bet 100% of the time.

corsakh
02-21-2007, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if there are no draws on the board it really depends on the other players in the hand. are they calling your c-bet with less than a K? if yes, bet for value. if no, check behind and dont turn a hand with showdown value into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you asking too much /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thats a multiway micro pot for crist sake, its crazy.

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
C-bet 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would agree with this if we had air, but i think there are times when its ok not to c-bet with a hand like QQ on this board if its dry.

VPIP100
02-21-2007, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C-bet 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would agree with this if we had air, but i think there are times when its ok not to c-bet with a hand like QQ on this board if its dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving away free cards is a bad thing, always unless you want villains to improve. Here you just want to pick up the pot.

corsakh
02-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure if I cbet with air against 3 people /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if I cbet with air against 3 people /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if you were going to a dry K hi flop is a great spot for it

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C-bet 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving away free cards is a bad thing, always unless you want villains to improve. Here you just want to pick up the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

well like i said only if the board is very dry. in which case you are either behind or villains have 2-3 outs and you can confidently valuebet the turn when checked to or call a reasonable bet. giving free cards isnt really criminal on a board w/ no draws where you are almost always way ahead or way behind.

VPIP100
02-21-2007, 08:59 AM
It is, because you are never sure which cards helped villains.

corsakh
02-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I dont think flop is ever dry enough at this level to cbet into 3.

allaboutmyfetti
02-21-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm going to agree with a flop bet here. Let's say the flop is K 4 9 ... one villian has 45 the other has 9T. BOth of these villian would fold to a flop bet (or incorectly draw) and against each individually a free card wouldn't be disasterous ... however combined both villians have 10 outs to pull ahead and giving that range a free card would suck. Granted, this is probably a worst-case scenario, but that's my thinking.