PDA

View Full Version : KJs UTG 3-bet from button - NL10 6max.

joe023948
02-21-2007, 07:21 AM
How do you play, when you get reraised from position? How does villain's ministack affect the decision?

--

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players

Stack sizes:
Hero: $9.95
UTG+1: $3.90
CO: $9.85
Button: $3.75
SB: $21.45
BB: $5.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Button raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.15, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="red">Button calls all-in $1.75</font>.
Uncalled bets: $2.25 returned to Hero.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.65, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.65)

River: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($7.65, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.65)

xorthio
02-21-2007, 07:36 AM
usually fold to reraise preflop certainly when oop. after that flop its just getting it allin against this small stack. its as good a flop as you can hope for

Polkaprinz
02-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Fold Preflop. KJ is too marginal for a raise from UTG. Do you have any reads on the Button? Is the the "I buy-in for the minimum to see some fast action cause I like to go all-in like the pros do on TV?
There are two types of players reraising in 10 NL. You have the maniac raising and reraising with any two cards and you have those who only give a reraise with AA - QQ and AKs.

joe023948
02-21-2007, 08:55 AM
That guy was one of those "If I like the flop I go all-in" types, I think. I find that in NL10 games most ministacks seem to play the way most counterproductive for a ministack.

corsakh
02-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Fold on UTG. Turbofold to a 3bet.

Elverian
02-21-2007, 09:23 AM
KJ, even suited, is too weak to play UTG on a 10 seater. It is easily dominated and can't stand a raise, so bin it without investing in the hand. Unless the blinds raise, you will always be out of position, and you are favourite to make a second best hand.
Biggest value with this hand will be when you hit the flush which happens rarely. Therefore, the call is worse as you get no implied odds against opponents short stack.
Should have folded to the raise preflop.
One of the best flops you could hope for, and with buttons stack, you may as well put him all-in but you could easily be behind to an overpair or AJ

RedJoker
02-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Since there are only 6 players we can treat this as a 6max hand.

Personally I'm very aggressive and would usually raise this in 6max, from most positions.

Villain's reraise is giving you a little over 2.5 to 1. Had his raise been pot sized this would have been an easy fold. Since it's so small I think we have to call.

joe023948
02-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Where did you guys get the idea that this was full ring? This is not the full ring forum and the topic says 6max. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for comments so far. Now I'm not sure which comments meant 6max specifically though.

corsakh
02-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Er.. 6 max should actually be played tighter from the UTG than a full ring game due to aggression factor.

Elverian
02-21-2007, 09:59 AM
My mistake - saw NL10 and had a moment!!
On a 6 seater, KJ utg is very marginal. I may limp with it as a variation play, but would still be folding to any serious action behind me.

Check_The_Nuts
02-21-2007, 10:04 AM
think about this, the worst hand I raised UTG is probably KJo, and that I don't always raise. I would consider 22-99 equally crappy here. So KJs is obviously way too marginal. You only have a decision vs shorty with TT-AA and AQ+. Deepstacked I drop AQo and AQs, call with AKs/AKo and any pair. I occasionally shove with AKo (but thats becoming rare cuz ppl just don't 3bet my UTG raises light enough to make it +EV)....

Tiki
02-21-2007, 10:30 AM
KJs UTG is fine to raise and then fold if re-raised behind from a reasonable/unknown player.

[ QUOTE ]
Er.. 6 max should actually be played tighter from the UTG than a full ring game due to aggression factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corsakh, am I correct in assuming that this is a joke ?

In full ring you are more than twice as likely to face a re-raise from a player in position.

corsakh
02-21-2007, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KJs UTG is fine to raise and then fold if re-raised behind from a reasonable/unknown player.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Corsakh, am I correct in assuming that this is a joke ?

In full ring you are more than twice as likely to face a re-raise from a player in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfotunately, this is not a joke since in full ring most pots are multiway with a lot of limpers and callers. Hence it is not profitable to 3bet light, people play more honest and the overall level of aggression is a lot lower.

UnlikelyNinja
02-21-2007, 12:23 PM
KJ is a weak hand UTG. If it gets re-raised, toss it.

If you call the re-raise, check the flop. If he bets, after he's re-raised pre-flop, your TP2K is probably no good. You should probably check/fold.

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 12:42 PM
id call such a small reraise vs a full stack, but he just put 1/3 of his stack in preflop. push if you think you are ahead of his range, fold if not. no implied odds here

BobAllinSki
02-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Dont be so auto fold here, obviosly its auto fold if the guy has a medium stack, but villain has 1/3 of a buy in and has barely min raised, he has just over a pot sized bet left on the flop here so if you connect your gonna stack him if he has AK and misses or if he has QQ and you spike a K, of course there are ways that you can also get stacked but getting over 2.5-1 with JK and very little left to bet your fine to play fit or fold poker from the flop on

RedJoker
02-21-2007, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he bets, after he's re-raised pre-flop, your TP2K is probably no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's gonna cbet every flop, this tells you nothing.

JBizzle104
02-21-2007, 03:29 PM
If you call this reraise preflop you have to push that flop, you cant be hoping for better. First though, I dont raise that UTG, I call for sure and when he raises from button I have to fold. He doesnt have enough chips to take a risk IMO. But if you do indeed decide to play this with him...push that flop.

JB

VPIP100
02-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Fold preflop, as played shove flop.

End of discussion.

Dave I
02-21-2007, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id fold such a small reraise vs a full stack, but he just put 1/3 of his stack in preflop. push if you think you are ahead of his range, fold if not. no implied odds here

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied odds are negated by reverse implied odds. We're not really going to like any flop.

Here, like you said, just push or fold pre. As played, shove flop.

fsista
02-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Push or fold preflop, preferably fold.

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
id fold such a small reraise vs a full stack, but he just put 1/3 of his stack in preflop. push if you think you are ahead of his range, fold if not. no implied odds here

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied odds are negated by reverse implied odds. We're not really going to like any flop.

Here, like you said, just push or fold pre. As played, shove flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are plenty of flops we like for that price, its just above a minraise. KJX AQT KKX JJX,flopped flushes, plenty of combo draws for us to flop, plenty of dry flush draws or OESDs if hes in the habit of betting so small.

edit: you should be able to profitable call such a small RR w/ any two cards you raise with. just dont stack off with one pair.

ama0330
02-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Fold preflop twice. As played you have to play for stacks, you raised this hand for precisely that flop.

joe023948
02-22-2007, 07:45 AM
If somebody is interested, villain had [<font color="white">99</font>]

ama0330
02-22-2007, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If somebody is interested, villain had [<font color="white">99</font>]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest I think that villain played this hand pretty well.