PDA

View Full Version : QQ x 2 - NL10

joe023948
02-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Here are two QQ hands. Is this line ok, or would you slow down somewhere? I'm playing against average NL10 players, not very tight.

--

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21.40
CO: $5.65
Hero: $13.65
SB: $3.80
BB: $9.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.4</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.3</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.5</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.15, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($11.15, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG is all-in $15.9</font>, <font color="red">Hero calls all-in $8.15</font>.
Uncalled bets: $7.75 returned to UTG.

--

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $12.55
UTG+1: $9.10
CO: $11.75
Button: $11.30
Hero: $31.30
BB: $5.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="red">Button raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.7</font>, 2 folds, Button calls.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.6, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($7.6, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">Button raises all-in $7.6</font>, Hero calls.

zaephyr
02-21-2007, 07:14 AM
1. I think u can fold to a push, i mean what do u beat that he 4-bet preflop?

2. Bet more on flop 2,5-3. I would check on turn and see what happens. The way u played u need to call his push.

kosher
02-21-2007, 07:16 AM
I reckon slow down on the first but the second is fine.

In the first, I would be pretty worried about Kings or Aces. The third re-raise PF makes me a bit worried.

I might have gone for a smallish check raise on the flop and if he re-raised me all in there I would know Im beat. This, ofcourse would depend on the size of his flop bet.

Let us know how the hands turned out.

joe023948
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Ok, I'll post results after a while. Still waiting if someone wants to comment.

matv
02-21-2007, 09:02 AM
1) Just muck, I know you have an overpair but this villain is holding this range of hands:

AA, KK, Ac Kc, QQ and JJ (rarely)

You're in some serious trouble v that range mate. I get out of there

2) I push the turn, it's not a great position but you're going to have to c/c. Why not bet it and make him make a mistke with KT or such rather than letting him check that down.

'kosher':

I don't like a c/r this is a very obvious line for an overpair/set. You have a much wider range by just betting. If you are looking for an alternative way to play the hand, just c/c then bet the turn or check again depending on the villain.

Elverian
02-21-2007, 09:33 AM
1. Fold preflop to the 4-bet or seeing if you spike a Q as played is OK.
Raise his flop bet to $6 and fold to a re-reraise - if you're behind you have 2 outs, so best to find that out as soon as possible.
To a flat call - you push on the turn if no A or K fall.
2. Smells like a set, Js or Ts, but you can't fold getting 3 or 4-1 with an overpair.

Tiki
02-21-2007, 10:55 AM
1. QQ vs JJ+,AK gives you 47% pot Equity.

NH since your AVERAGE villain's range at 10NL is unlikely to be narrower than JJ+,AK. You'd need a good read to fold this one PF. Getting more than 2:1 on the turn makes your final call a no-brainer.

2.Bet $3ish on flop with a view to getting it AI on the turn. Button's range could be quite wide here. NH again without reads.

BobAllinSki
02-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I aggree with Tiki on this one, villains range is no way tight enough to AA + KK at this level to fold getting 2-1, I'd expect to see a worse pair thinking its value betting or any 2 broadway trying to represent a 5 here often enough that your +EV with a call.

kosher
02-21-2007, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

'kosher':
I don't like a c/r this is a very obvious line for an overpair/set. You have a much wider range by just betting. If you are looking for an alternative way to play the hand, just c/c then bet the turn or check again depending on the villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its an obvious line for a set but I dont think so for an overpair. Most would just bet out with an overpair, trying play it in a more straight forward manner.

matv
02-21-2007, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

'kosher':

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its an obvious line for a set but I dont think so for an overpair. Most would just bet out with an overpair, trying play it in a more straight forward manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have answered your own question there. You are tightening your range down to a very strong hand and you will lose a lot of action playing your hand this way.

You are much better off betting because that's what you do with a lot of hands after you raise PF. c/c is a good alternative if you are a player that doesn't cbet 100% HU.

Also, after thinking about the 1st hand a bit more I agree that calling is a must here.

joe023948
02-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks for answers.

Villains had:<font color="white">
Hand1: AA
Hand2: 77
</font>