PDA

View Full Version : 25NL flopped trips

Supwithbates
02-21-2007, 06:44 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($22.80)
UTG ($29.05)
MP ($33.15)
Hero ($24.40)
SB ($18.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.85) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP calls $2.50.

Turn: ($7.85) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $14.35

MP claims he folded KK here.

I think this is a pretty standard line, and my question doesn't relate to this hand in particular. Rather, how would you change your strategy in dealing with this particular villain now that you know this is how he plays?
PT shows 43/23/3 over 50 hands.

More importantly, how do you get inside villain's thought process and interpret these weird bets he's putting out?

xorthio
02-21-2007, 06:50 AM
you know he is capable of folding a nice hand now, thats something to account for, you can maybe bluff him later on. small bets are maybe some kind of feeler bets, he doesn't know if he is good, but he doesn't want to check.

Supwithbates
02-21-2007, 06:53 AM
it just seems to me that putting out a feeler on this flop is ubernitty. His PT stats show that he's not a nit, but his lines scream nit to me. I'm having a hard time reconciling the two.
I also saw same villain smoothcall a rivered boat (holdings of JJ on KQJ5Q rainbow board) after raising turn and being donked into on river. Also looks pretty nitty to me at 25NL

xorthio
02-21-2007, 06:55 AM
i think you need to see it another time what he has when he is making those bets to be sure, but what else could it be. maybe some idea of keeping the pot small or something?

kosher
02-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Mmmmmm, I often have trouble reading such strange bets but I will throw in my 2 cents...

Lets say u knew what villain had (KK). Would you have played it differently? Probably could have made the turn bet a little less. Perhaps $4. But even then, I doubt this would have made any difference.

From the way he played it, I would put villain on AK or maybe KTs or, more unlikely, 9Ts. There is no way he would bet the turn the way he did with Kings. That bet was an aweful attempt at a blocking bet. Why would you put out a $0.5 with pocket Kings in this situation. The only reason you would do it is to induce a bluff and I doubt he was doing that since he folded after you bet.

I would say either villain is lying to you regarding his kings or he is a complete moron. Both is highly likely.