PDA

View Full Version : (5nl) 4 flush board but im dry, holding TP. Fold or call river bet?

TheSauce
02-21-2007, 04:09 AM
I find myself in this position fairly often. Betting flop and turn only to be called down, scare card hits river and villain suddenly springs to life and donks into me... Call this small bet or just give it up? The size of the bet really looks like "pay me off on the flush that i just hit" Villain was VP$IP of 40 over like 56 hands but no real good reads. I'm thinking maybe call just to see what he is playing here in the BB, but I think i'm beat like every time.

edit: im also fairly sure i should have bet full pot on turn to charge a draw the maximum.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($3.24)
SB ($4.93)
BB ($9.31)
Hero ($4.92)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.35</font>, BB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.12) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, BB calls $0.80.

River: ($2.72) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.8</font>, Hero?.

Final Pot: $3.52

thanks.

Hoffma
02-21-2007, 04:30 AM
I am inclined to overbet the flop (bet $.50 or so) and PSB the turn, both for added FE. I want to make him pay dearly if he's going to try to draw out on me. I believe the size of your bets actually encouraged him to play correctly and profitably by calling if he holds any spade.

When he springs to life on the river, I am almost always folding, but I'll sometimes call a river bet that small. I am most often dead, but he's giving me 4.5:1 to see his hand. Sigh.

orange
02-21-2007, 04:35 AM
Played fine. Sometimes you can check the turn and call any river bet, but at these stakes, players will call with alot of [censored] here.

River, I dunno. I'm the worst person to ask about this math stuff. I don't think it matters much either way though.