PDA

View Full Version : KQ, AxxK board vs short stack. bad bet turn?

halperin
02-21-2007, 03:29 AM
this is probably bad, i dont seem to play smart vs short stacks. this is an obv check/fold after he calls flop right?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $47.85
Hero (UTG): $46.25
MP: $32.20
CO: $11.70
BTN: $83.90
SB: $57.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif [K/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($10.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, CO calls all in for $6.70
Uncalled bet of $1.30 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif [6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($24.15, 2 players)
No action

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 04:30 AM
i like it a lot more w/o the A on the board. this is A-rag a lot. but w/ the FD out there it isnt terrible.

Hoffma
02-21-2007, 04:50 AM
This is a painful flop. Against shorty, you're highly likely to showdown. I am either shoving with the hope that he will fold an ace (unlikely!), or I am check folding.

To answer your subject line question, yes, I think the turn bet is bad, but you were already in too deep. You're offering him slightly worse than 3:1 to stack off, and if he's beating you then he was already beating you on the previous street. I don't think there any hands that would have the villain call the flop and then fold the river. This is what makes the flop a "push or fold" scenario IMO.

eigenvalue
02-21-2007, 06:07 AM
You said it: It's one of the easiest check-folds possible after he called your flop bet!

ipushufold
02-21-2007, 06:34 AM
He is folding an ace here never. I check/fold the turn. If my hand is good here, I usually get a free showdown and will win the exact amount as if he folds to our bluff if we push.

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 08:18 AM
he will call with just about any flush draw here as well. i dont like it but its a lot less bad than some of you are suggesting.