PDA

View Full Version : dumb dumb dumb

augie_
01-03-2006, 06:45 PM
I definatley would have capped the turn here. Some people really shouldn't be allowed to flop quads. Everyone in the world misplays it except for me.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Jh Ad (four of a kind, aces).
Hero has 9s 9d (full house, aces full of nines).
Outcome: SB wins 16 BB. </font>

prohornblower
01-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Why would you bet this river?

master_hellmuth
01-03-2006, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a full house.

EnderW27
01-03-2006, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the guy just called the 3 bet turn. That means he's weak.

prohornblower
01-03-2006, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. So we bet cuz we have a full house.

Seems to me like TT, JJ, QQ, KK and Ax, Qx have us beaten.

Does OP really think that villain would play 88 or worse this aggressively?

It just seems like more often than not you'll get played back at here. Or maybe even a fold. And if you just get a call (by TT, JJ, Qx), you will be beaten anyway.

The pot is large enough, and it's heads up. I don't see much value in "value-betting" here.

the_main
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Full house is a good hand, man.

RiverTheNuts
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
you got owned in this hand

LImitPlayer
01-03-2006, 07:37 PM
The 3 bet was on the turn was a little overboard

augie_
01-03-2006, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was one of those fun ownages though, the kind where you know the villian probably isn't smart enough to tie his own shoes, or spell poker, or whatever zing you prefer. god i love getting owned by retards.

Jihad
01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was one of those fun ownages though, the kind where you know the villian probably isn't smart enough to tie his own shoes, or spell poker, or whatever zing you prefer. god i love getting owned by retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he played it NEARLY as bad as you say. If you work it out every way, he got about the same if not more bets out of you this way. Now, that's not to say that he had no idea what he was doing in the hand. Either way, w/o a read, I think you may have put too many bets in here, but its close.

Los Feliz Slim
01-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Has anyone EVER gotten as much action with flopped quads as Hero gave Villain here? I certainly haven't. When I flop quads it's check/check, check/bet/fold.

SoSo
01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he owned himself.

augie_
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
He got a lot of bets out of me simply because I overplayed my hand. I thought the way he played it was just dumb. He checked the river for christ's sake. I just suck is all.

mustmuck
01-04-2006, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He got a lot of bets out of me simply because I overplayed my hand. I thought the way he played it was just dumb. He checked the river for christ's sake. I just suck is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

He isn't the one who got check-raised three times in the same hand! Three!

jba
01-04-2006, 12:51 AM
fold the river, you are so beat.

thatpfunk
01-04-2006, 01:02 AM
you got trifectaed!

Phil153
01-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Nothing sweeter than having quads and some tard raising you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh wait, yes there is. It's having quads and some tard WITH A PAIR OF NINES falling for your masterful checkraise ON EVERY STREET. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
01-04-2006, 01:22 AM
i can't believe he pulled off a trifecta with such a transparent hand.

if you had for some reason 3bet the river that would have been something special as he would have checked to induced the bet-3bet on all 3 streets. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

jba
01-04-2006, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you had for some reason 3bet the river that would have been something special as he would have checked to induced the bet-3bet on all 3 streets. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think villain should cap in that situation? I'm not so sure, it would sure sully up the perfect beauty of the hand.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-04-2006, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think villain should cap in that situation? I'm not so sure, it would sure sully up the perfect beauty of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

at 5/10 i would not have capped. i would have just called to retain the symmatry of the hand and then type in the chat box "i don't even need the extra 10 bucks. you can keep it."

augie_
01-04-2006, 01:36 AM
why don't you guys see that he ACCIDENTLY played perfectly agianst me!?!?!

I DID NOT GET OUTPLAYED!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jba
01-04-2006, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at 5/10 i would not have capped. i would have just called to retain the symmatry of the hand and then type in the chat box "i don't even need the extra 10 bucks. you can keep it."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would say: "here, buy yourself half a lapdance"

DeeJ
01-04-2006, 11:47 AM
3-bet the river and call a cap.

derosnec
01-04-2006, 12:55 PM
SB's raise on the flop would lead me to think he has nothing. Why would someone raise the flop with quads or a big full house (KK/QQ/JJ)?