PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: Repopping AQo OOP and getting it all in on the flop

SmallPotJeff
02-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Was having some issues with PT, so no stats on the opponent. However, he had raised 3 of the last 4 hands, and had generally seemed very aggressive preflop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($42.55)
BB ($50.75)
UTG ($32.05)
MP ($87.05)
CO ($49.25)
Button ($49.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $4.90.

Flop: ($15.80) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $41.85</font>, Hero calls $26.15 (All-In).

The bet was weaker than standard, but was made with the intention of possibly inducing a bluff/semibluff and thus calling a raise.

How often am I ahead on the flop? What are your thoughts on preflop? On the weak flop bet? On the flop call?

Edit: Wooooo 100th Post! Look at me - I'm a member!

Check_The_Nuts
02-21-2007, 01:08 AM
I honestly like it more if you repop to only 6 preflop, he's more likely to call you with his junk.

Considering history its probably OK, but its hard to tell if he just raises preflop light but never calls light, etc.

Reef
02-21-2007, 01:58 AM
I make it $9-10 pf and bet ~3/4 pot. Instacall raise on that board.

Check_The_Nuts
02-21-2007, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

could you explain your reasoning plz? I appreciate you posting down here...but its 100 times more valuable if you expand a bit.

dirtysanchez
02-21-2007, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

could you explain your reasoning plz? I appreciate you posting down here...but its 100 times more valuable if you expand a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

well its important to raise close to full pot preflop because it gives the villain incorrect odds to call with crap and stack you. betting bigger on the flop is better b/c when you bet small and villain flatcalls it puts you in a [censored] spot when i diamond hits on the turn. we are happy to get it in on this board b/c its fairly drawy and we are ahead of the range of hands most players are shoving with in this spot, which will include a couple worse aces and a lot of flushdraws.

eigenvalue
02-21-2007, 06:10 AM
This is terrible. He called you reraise preflop and reraises you on the flop. You are ahead here &lt; 10%. You will not win money in the long run if you are not able to lay down a hand in such an obvious spot!

xorthio
02-21-2007, 06:19 AM
i think it's kinda read dependent here, but a normal player won't raise here with worse hands than AK. although he could do this with the flush draw if he is aggro enough

ipushufold
02-21-2007, 06:28 AM
How did he play postflop in those 3 of 4 hands he raised? Was it folded to him in SB in one of them? Folded to him on button? Obviously, this matters alot since he may be using position on the other hands.

I doubt this is ever KQ of diamonds. The fact that the Ace is a diamond makes me lean less toward a flush draw and more against the possibilities of AK or 77. I think he knows we either has the ace or the king but if you don't have any reads that he is aggressive enough postflop to make this move if he think we have KK i will throw this hand away.