PDA

View Full Version : Good laydown?

grizadams
02-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I had been pretty active but I also had shown down a big hand. Most of the payers were around 19-23vpip, pfr 10-12 and ta between 2-3.

I figured with 3 callers and the board, that maybe it had hit someone. I feel comfterble with my lay down but I could be wrong, please give me your thoughts.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.50
UTG+1: $2.95
CO: $19.90
Hero: $10.10
SB: $6.35
BB: $10.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.6</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.5, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.75</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $1.6</font>.

River: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.2)

Results:
Final pot: $7.2

svidrigailov
02-20-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd would raise the flop here considering the bet size and stack sizes. Sometimes you'll be way behind, but I think JJ and medium pairs are in their range. In my experience short stacks show up with all sorts of random hands and I'm usually willing to widen my raising/calling standards vs. them.

Would like to hear if more people find a fold in situations like the one above though.

grizadams
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
One of my concerns is that I'm a little weak after the flop.

Griz

Jouster777
02-20-2007, 07:30 PM
I raise this flop. Why does a ~1/4PSB make you fold what is usually the best hand? If he pushes over my raise I let it go.

After raising flop and with the blank turn I probably check behind on turn.

svidrigailov
02-20-2007, 07:48 PM
A decent raise commits UTG+1 and prob SB, HU this hand is straightforward, the question is whether we want to get it in vs. 2 players I think. I prob would.

Fore59
02-20-2007, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise this flop. Why does a ~1/4PSB make you fold what is usually the best hand? If he pushes over my raise I let it go.

After raising flop and with the blank turn I probably check behind on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. Why fold to a 1/4PSB? I think this is a bad laydown. Seriously, you need to raise the [censored] out of them on this flop. If you get re-raised then you can let it go. If you get called that would be suspicious and you can re-evaluate the turn. But to not raise this flop is playing extremely scared poker.

RollTide77
02-20-2007, 07:51 PM
That's a terrible flop for any PPs. With 3 other players and UTG and UTG+1 limping there's a good chance someone has a AT or KT. Could be not, but I wouldn't want to spend another 2 or 3 bones finding out. I might call the flop but fold the turn if I didn't hit a Q. I would raise the flop if I knew the SB would fold.

Find a better spot.

Gustav
02-20-2007, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a terrible flop for any PPs. With 3 other players and UTG and UTG+1 limping there's a good chance someone has a AT or KT. Could be not, but I wouldn't want to spend another 2 or 3 bones finding out. I might call the flop but fold the turn if I didn't hit a Q. I would raise the flop if I knew the SB would fold.

Find a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can find something on almost any given flop that someone might plausibly have which beats you. There's no reason to instantly give credit for the T here just because the flop is paired, and that's what we have to do here in order to fold because no strength is shown by villains whatsoever.

On an unrelated note, going set mining at this point sounds pretty awful. If you're folding any non-Q turn, then by all means cut your losses now instead.

svidrigailov
02-20-2007, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Find a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can find something on almost any given flop that someone might plausibly have which beats you. There's no reason to instantly give credit for the T here just because the flop is paired, and that's what we have to do here in order to fold because no strength is shown by villains whatsoever.

On an unrelated note, going set mining at this point sounds pretty awful. If you're folding any non-Q turn, then by all means cut your losses now instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this. You can never call specifically to spike a Q. The only reason you'd call and fold turn is if you're sure villains range narrows to Tx if he bets turn.

Archon_Wing
02-20-2007, 08:37 PM
You cannot automatically assume he has a T, especially to such a weak bet. It's much more likely he has some pocket pair, or a 9. Reevaluate on the turn.