PDA

View Full Version : K9 flops top pair 9's - is this bet ok?

bober2
02-20-2007, 03:34 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($3.10)
BB ($15.52)
UTG ($6.49)
MP ($9.95)
CO ($8.84)
Hero ($9.77)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.05, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.77) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75.

Turn: ($3.02) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.4</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($3.82) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

Final Pot: $5.82

matrix
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
which bet?

preflop is meh - considering the table is loose enough for you to get 2 callers it's a pretty bad pfr tbh.

flop is fine.

fold turn.

fold river.

Jouster777
02-20-2007, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
which bet?

preflop is meh - considering the table is loose enough for you to get 2 callers it's a pretty bad pfr tbh.

flop is fine.

fold turn.

fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree...except on turn where we are getting 8.5:1 pot odds for our 5 outs. Gotta call there.

IsaacAsimov
02-20-2007, 04:11 PM
For me the pf raise is fine, but I know matrix128 is way tighter than I am.
The flop bet is standard. The turn depends on the way villain has been playing. I wouldn't fold just there against a rdm player at these stakes, but you could well be beat on the river and I think a fold would be best in this spot without reads.

matrix
02-20-2007, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Agree...except on turn where we are getting 8.5:1 pot odds for our 5 outs. Gotta call there.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 and a bit outs at best (sometimes he has a fd - and those times the K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is bad news.)

we are 4and a bit (lets say 4.6 to make the maths easy) /46 unseen cards - or about 10% or 9:1 to hit one of those outs.

so we need to get some value on the river the times we do hit or we just made a losing play.

It's so marginal I think folding the turn is better /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AceLuby
02-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm not a big fan w/out reads.

IsaacAsimov
02-20-2007, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 and a bit outs at best (sometimes he has a fd - and those times the K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is bad news.)

we are 4and a bit (lets say 4.6 to make the maths easy) /46 unseen cards - or about 10% or 9:1 to hit one of those outs.

so we need to get some value on the river the times we do hit or we just made a losing play.

It's so marginal I think folding the turn is better /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming we are behind on the turn which I often don't think is the case here.
As the above poster stated, reads would easen the decision in this hand.

matrix
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For me the pf raise is fine, but I know matrix128 is way tighter than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about being tight - (I'm very LAG OTB) but at stakes this small villains are very very call happy preflop generally.

You don't want a family pot raising K9o you want HU at most - you'd much prefer to take the blinds here cos K9 has little value. If you assume that lots of the time these players think picture cards look pretty and will often have you dominated with KT/A9 and stuff like that K9 isn't looking too hot. There's very few flops you can hit well enough to keep betting on 2 or 3 streets with. So your hand is basically limited to a pfr and a CB bluff and if they're still there after that unless we hit hard we can't keep playing.

Look at the flop action - this table is loooooose. It's how loose the villains are that make me want to fold here seeing as there is already 1 limper in front who almost certainly isn't folding to a pfr from us.

If it's folded to me OTB then raising K9o is cool - if limper is tight and will fold to a pfr often then raising is good. But otherwise imo it's just bleeding money.

Zagga
02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
K9o = preflop fold from any position IMO, only gets you in trouble like in this kind of hands.