PDA

View Full Version : JJ - Flop Axx

dirtylobster
02-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Villain is tight/passive.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BTN): $33.40
SB: $7.35
BB: $11.25
UTG: $19.85
CO: $24.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.35, 5 players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.90</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls $2.80

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8.4, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $12</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $7 returned to CO

I assume he has an ace there.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Should I have bet less on the flop for that information and if so, how much? PF ok?

jdefoe
02-20-2007, 02:32 PM
I like hte bet, it can get KK/QQ to fold

FalconTi0
02-20-2007, 02:44 PM
looks fine to me

VPIP100
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Looks good.

orange
02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
your PFRR is too large imo.

I would check this flop.

dirtylobster
02-20-2007, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I have position or..? I mostly just use the bet pot button but I also occasionally bet a little more if I'm out of position.

[ QUOTE ]
I would check this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What would I do then if he'd bet?

VPIP100
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would check this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is at the large side, but not too large imo.

Why check flop? Would you check it if you had AK?

allaboutmyfetti
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would check this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is at the large side, but not too large imo.

Why check flop? Would you check it if you had AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would check this flop too but I've been getting heat for checking JJ on A high boards (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=microplnl&amp;Number=9237717&amp; Searchpage=1&amp;Main=9230218&amp;Words=+allaboutmyfetti&amp;t opic=&amp;Search=true#Post9237717). This case is better since there is no flush draw ...

Leviathan101
02-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Looks fine. I guess you can check behind, but if he leads turn you have no idea where you stand.

02-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I usualy also check this flop. If checked to me I bet the turn.

I wonder if raising is better, cause you could make QQ, KK fold.

VPIP100
02-20-2007, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usualy also check this flop. If checked to me I bet the turn.

I wonder if raising is better, cause you could make QQ, KK fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes you easy to read when you check when a flop when you didn't hit. You should also check flops where you did hit, giving villains a free card and not building a pot.

matrix
02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't like a rr here preflop at all OTB.

Not vs a tight passive (who'll give his hand away later) we have a made hand - we are only playing with 100BB and the ONLY times we get this guys stack are when he makes a big hand and we make a bigger one - in that case all the moneys going in anyway so there is little need to 3bet preflop. A tight passive usually isn't calling a 3bet without at least one overcard to our pair here or something that kills us - if we wait till the flop comes cos we have position we can make a much better more informed choice about what hands he's probably got after we see his action and the flop.

I'd 3bet OOP all day. (cos then I don't want to see the flop)

apres flop - we have position so use it control the pot and check behind - if he bets the turn he has an Ace - easy fold, (he's tight AND passive) if he checks turn as well he's scared of the board and we can take the pot with a bet if we don't like the turn much or maybe get a small value bet out of him on the river/induce a modest bluff.

he has Ax way way way way more often than KK/QQ here.

Don't think about trying to move people off hands at uNL it rarely works out and is marginally profitable at best - just value bet YOUR good hands.

Warteen
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Hand looks fine to me. I usually only 3-bet 3x in position (4x oop), but that's nitpicky stuff. Hand is fine as played. Make a note that your opponent check-raises after calling the 3-bet and move on.