PDA

View Full Version : QJ turns 2pair and getting action! (50nl)

danny8
02-20-2007, 01:35 PM
unfortunatly only my 5th or so hand at the table so no reads /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $58.50
Hero (BTN): $52.70
SB: $49.5
BB: $20.35
UTG: $45.70
MP: $48.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.5, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $2, UTG folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif [Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($8.5, 3 players)
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, BB calls $6, CO calls $6

<font color="black">River:</font> 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [6/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($26.5, 3 players)
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>

hows my line? sometimes i'd raise pf, but with 2 limpers i figured i'd just call.

Anyone prefer raising the flop? could pot the turn i guess. Anyone check behind the river? or bet more?

if CO reraises im done with the hand right?

thanks!

AceLuby
02-20-2007, 01:42 PM
On the button I'm raising PF almost always. Everything else looks standard, though I may bet closer to $8 on the turn.

illadelph86
02-20-2007, 01:51 PM
yea i agree with ace i'd defaintly raise pf and that turn deserves a bigger raise. doubt id bet the river here, its not bad tho.

Pokey
02-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Preflop I could comfortably smooth-call this with solid reads. Against unknowns, I'd usually lean towards raising, especially at a $50NL table. You've got a hand that's not likely to flop a trustworthy monster, so you should go for heads-up and try and scoop that tasty dead money by abusing your position. Of course, QJo is one of my favorite hands for this kind of play, because I get to bet virtually any flop with confidence that I'll either have folding equity or a decent hand. A-high or K-high and they'll be worried that I hit TPTK; Q-high or J-high and I've hit top pair (and it's unlikely they have me beaten). T-high or lower and they'll be worried that I've got an overpair. I find it a very useful hand to play for a raise, especially from LP.

As played, I raise this flop. I understand the desire to trap more dead money behind you, but your hand isn't strong enough to trap with. If you're already dead-to-rights it would be nice to know that immediately; if your hand is best, you really would like to protect it against the straight draws or the six-outers. TP3K plays best heads-up, and you're far from that right now. I'd raise to $7 and fold to a three-bet.

As played, I like your turn bet. Other than AK (unlikely given preflop action) or 98 (also unlikely to pay to play preflop) you're hand is only afraid of sets. I doubt that a set checks through the flop and I STRONGLY doubt that a set checks through the turn, so your hand is likely best right now. Bet for value.

The river is a blank. Your bet is for value. If someone pushes, the pot is large enough and my hand is strong enough that I have to pay it off.

danny8
02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
thanks for the replys! cheers Pokey for the detailed response, much appreciated!

i agree raising's better than calling pf.

i called on the flop because at the time i felt like a raise turned my hand into a bluff... but now i look at it theres a few draws + 2nd best hands that are gonna call my raise.