PDA

View Full Version : I have Aces on an all-spade flop, with the Ace of spades.

Postiga
02-20-2007, 01:30 PM
...so I think I butchered it. What did he have when he led the flop for comfortably more than the pot size? He hadn't done anything crazy so far. I feel like I should have called and got it in on the turn. Thoughts?

(I'm new to NL btw. Be gentle!)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($3.10)
SB ($2.20)
BB ($1.92)
UTG ($1.47)
Hero ($5.84)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.07, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.18) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.26</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.88</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $2.32

thac
02-20-2007, 01:31 PM
I like it.

AceLuby
02-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Way too big of a raise on the flop if you think your hand is best. Raise to .60-.80, calling would be bad.

demon102
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
at the $2 nl level make ur opeining raises to 10 cents+1BB for each limper, these levels is where u will get a ton of callers so u want to charge them hardcore. I agree with Aceluby to big of a raise on the flop Id make it 3x villian's bet, but I do like ur aggression and if he shoved there is a good chance ur hand is good and if not u have a good draw to the nuts.

illadelph86
02-20-2007, 01:41 PM
tiny stakes = alot of callers = shove

Postiga
02-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I like my raise preflop tbh, if I'd raised more nobody in this particular game would have called it.

I don't think either that he would have called my all-in with many hands that I was ahead of. Maybe AJ or a pair and a flush-draw.

My thinking behind calling is that may I get him to fire a second barrel on the turn if I'm behind, then I can get all-in no matter what comes. Although a J might make me think.

The non-allin raise on the flop appeals to me also, but...I like calling more.

02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
I also don`t like raising more thn 4+1 per limper. I went thru 5NL on stars about 4 month ago and it worked just fine. Can`t believe everybody saying they liked the push on the flop. Why would you shove that flop ? Min raise and get the rest in on turn and river.

Gustav
02-20-2007, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like my raise preflop tbh, if I'd raised more nobody in this particular game would have called it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you should make some serious efforts to improve your table selection.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think either that he would have called my all-in with many hands that I was ahead of. Maybe AJ or a pair and a flush-draw.

My thinking behind calling is that may I get him to fire a second barrel on the turn if I'm behind, then I can get all-in no matter what comes. Although a J might make me think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo, the only thing you should be really concerned with here is a 4th spade killing your action.

[ QUOTE ]
The non-allin raise on the flop appeals to me also, but...I like calling more.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're overthinking it. Raising to $1.88 and pushing is exactly the same thing.

Honestly though, there's not a lot you can do to misplay this hand without some kind of psychic powers to know his hand. All plays are good vs some hands and bad vs others. Just get money in on all streets. Push, call, minraise, whatever.

orange
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
I think I raise the flop a bit smaller, but other than that, nh.