PDA

View Full Version : -ev call with no reads?

RebuyFoolAA
02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Alright guys, I got no reads on anyone here I think one player may be on a flush draw and I told myself to jam the pot if a diamond didnt come. I then didnt and heres how it played out.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($2.79)
Button ($4.45)
SB :#A500AF(Villian1)/ ($5.04)
BB :#A500AF(Villian2)/ ($2.57)
UTG ($4.20)
UTG+1 ($3.33)
Hero ($4.96)
MP2 ($3.77)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB :#A500AF(Villian1)/ completes, BB :#A500AF(Villian2)/ checks.

Flop: ($0.12) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Villian1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian2 bets $0.08</font>, UTG calls $0.08, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, MP2 folds, Villian1 calls $0.20, Villian2 calls $0.12, UTG calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.92) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Villian1 checks, Villian2 checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian1 raises to $4.82</font>, Villian2 calls $2.35 (All-In), UTG folds, Hero calls $3.74 (All-In).

River: ($12.83) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $12.83

illadelph86
02-20-2007, 01:18 PM
buy yourself a poker book.

AceLuby
02-20-2007, 01:24 PM
fold PF
raise more on the flop
don't play T6s from MP in NL5

RebuyFoolAA
02-20-2007, 01:33 PM
i play a laggy game and prefer to play 106cc pf thnx

SnappyJoe
02-20-2007, 01:45 PM
LAG at NL5? lol
Fold preflop, as played call the all in. I see him doing this with any 9 all day long at NL5

AceLuby
02-20-2007, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not laggy, it's spewy. lag doesn't mean limping w/ T6s, if you play 'laggy' you should be raising here, not limping. Folding PF is the best option. Lag stands for loose AGGRESSIVE...

RebuyFoolAA
02-20-2007, 01:50 PM
I find that limping pf at $5NL with SCs gives me less fold equity and raising with SCs gives me more just becaus the amount of players that call with J5s for 4x. BTW www.poker-edge.com (http://www.poker-edge.com) search me. I got good stats, I wasnt asking if i made a bad play preflo

Pokey
02-20-2007, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again.

Many people claim to play "a laggy game" and use it to justify all sorts of craziness. They forget that the "A" in LAG stands for aggressive. When your preflop numbers are 35/15 you're not playing a LAG game, you're playing loose-passive preflop. That's not the road to riches unless the table conditions are perfect AND you're a postflop genius.

As to this hand, after two limpers I can understand overcalling with two suited cards like you did, assuming that the table conditions are proper. With no reads you have no idea if the table conditions are proper for such a play, so folding is best. If you're NOT going to fold, you should probably raise and get ready to play aggressively to steal the pot -- after two limpers, there's enough juice in the glass to be worth stealing, but you don't steal by overlimping.

You flopped a good hand. It's not great, and it's FAR from unbreakable. Given that, your raise was awful -- a half-pot raise won't get the job done. I'd probably make it $0.50 to continue -- if they want to play, make 'em pay through to nose. If they don't want to play, you scoop a 14 BB pot uncontested with a hand that can't improve and can devolve rapidly.

On the turn I like your initial bet -- charge 'em for drawing. After the CRAI and the overcall all-in, you're dead. With 3-to-1 odds from the pot it's awfully tempting to call, and I can understand your desire to do so, but can you really put your villains on hand combinations that you beat? The odds that they BOTH have a 9 and an unpaired card are extremely low, and even if they do they'll probably have a collective 13 outs to beat you. That's a BEST-case scenario. If one has a 9 and the other has a flush draw, they're looking at 18 outs against you. If anybody has a full house you're drawing dead. If anybody has JT you're drawing to three outs to a tie. Villain #1 has made two VERY strong moves here -- cold-calling a reraise on the flop and then check-raising all-in on the turn. In a multiway hand, that screams of power, and you should be listening. Even if you thought this was some bizarre overplay, Villain #2's behavior is comparably strong -- betting the flop, overcalling the raise, and calling all-in against the turn CRAI. To me, the odds that you're ahead are slim, and if you're behind you have zero outs.

Without a specific read I'd swear and fold.

RebuyFoolAA
02-20-2007, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LAG at NL5?

[/ QUOTE ] just cus u have the BR to play higher stakes thats cool im trying out lag with stakes that fit my BR thnx

RebuyFoolAA
02-20-2007, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without a specific read I'd swear and fold.

[/ QUOTE ] thank u, that was the question

AceLuby
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find that limping pf at $5NL with SCs gives me less fold equity and raising with SCs gives me more just becaus the amount of players that call with J5s for 4x. BTW www.poker-edge.com (http://www.poker-edge.com) search me. I got good stats, I wasnt asking if i made a bad play preflo

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care about your stats are at 5NL and I don't care if you were asking about your PF play. What I'm saying is that limping w/ T6s is bad and you will lose a lot of $$$ if you ever plan on moving up.

RebuyFoolAA
02-20-2007, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care about your stats are at 5NL and I don't care if you were asking about your PF play. What I'm saying is that limping w/ T6s is bad and you will lose a lot of $$$ if you ever plan on moving up.

[/ QUOTE ] find another thread u can give your advice to some1 who didnt ask

AceLuby
02-20-2007, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

find another thread u can give your advice to some1 who didnt ask

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, keep posting hands where you make mistakes and justify them w/ "I'm a LAG, so it's OK."